Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: libvorbis 1.3.4 (Read 44416 times) previous topic - next topic

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #27
I am currently not at home but I will look at this on my return on June 16.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #29
"There are no functional changes over the previous 1.3.3 release. "

However, there is a substantial reduction in the size of the binary and in memory use.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #30
will there be an updated lancer build as well?

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #31
Good question. The non-Lancer build is a little too slow (AAC is 2 minutes faster).
ghostman

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #32
yes, i never understood why the speed optimized build does not get the attention it deserves. the difference is huge.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #34
hi, first post here. from what i could read in this thread is, that 'there are no functional changes over the previous 1.3.3 release', but i wonder why the 'standard' oggenc builds get updated, while the lancer build does not?

so i would also like to see an updated lancer build on rarewares.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #35
libvorbis 1.3.5 (2015-03-03) -- "Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20150105 (⛄⛄⛄⛄)"

* Tolerate single-entry codebooks.
* Fix decoder crash with invalid input.
* Fix encoder crash with non-positive sample rates.
# Fix issues in vorbisfile's seek bisection code.
* Spec errata.
* Reject multiple headers of the same type.
* Various build fixes and code cleanup.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #36
Are the improvements from Aotuv b6.03 merged in the official vorbis libraries?

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #37
Are the improvements from Aotuv b6.03 merged in the official vorbis libraries?

It's funny how this never gets ansewered, like it's a political issue. Vorbis is almost on the other side anyway, I guess who cares anymore?

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #38
It is too bad because now I need to find packages for the aotuv version under Linux instead of the ordinary every time I try out distros or wack up a system (because of trying to learn them).

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #39
libvorbis 1.3.5 (2015-03-03) -- "Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20150105 (????)"

* Tolerate single-entry codebooks.
* Fix decoder crash with invalid input.
* Fix encoder crash with non-positive sample rates.
# Fix issues in vorbisfile's seek bisection code.
* Spec errata.
* Reject multiple headers of the same type.
* Various build fixes and code cleanup.

thank you for the info. nice to see an update again. it is not dead yet

@eahm: i would also like to know, but i think such an important step would be mentioned in the changelog (at least i hope so)

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #40
I wanted to get someone mad so they could finally reply to that but it didn't work. Of course Vorbis is still huge in the gaming business especially and I would love to know that as well.

john33 can we see the new builds with 1.3.5? Thank you.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #41
I wanted to get someone mad so they could finally reply to that but it didn't work. Of course Vorbis is still huge in the gaming business especially and I would love to know that as well.

john33 can we see the new builds with 1.3.5? Thank you.

All done and available.  Sorry for the delay.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #42
Are you kidding meus? This was super fast!

I see the aoTuV are with 1.3.4, is it worth it to update them as well?

Thank you!

edit:
Also sorry small typo: the homepage says "Intel 14.0.1" but the vorbis page "ICL 14.0.3.202".

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #43

Thank you!

edit:
Also sorry small typo: the homepage says "Intel 14.0.1" but the vorbis page "ICL 14.0.3.202".

The aoTuV/libvorbis 1.3.4 merger was done by Aoyumi (Monty was too damn lazy to do it), and is separate to the official Vorbis encoder, so upgrading to libvorbis 1.3.5 from that version wouldn't make any sense. aoTuV is better than the official version. The Lancer/aoTuV version is even better. But, of course, it always gets treated like the bastard stepchild, so nobody can be bothered to update it in a timely fashion. Odd how they much rather have a slower version of it out there then a faster version. Weird 

ghostman

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #44
aoTuV is better than the official version.

1) Do you have any final proof on this? I think many people are still waiting.
2) If it's that much better why doesn't Xiph integrate the improvements? Sincere question.

Thanks!

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #45

Thank you!

edit:

The aoTuV/libvorbis 1.3.4 merger was done by Aoyumi (Monty was too damn lazy to do it), and is separate to the official Vorbis encoder, so upgrading to libvorbis 1.3.5 from that version wouldn't make any sense. aoTuV is better than the official version. The Lancer/aoTuV version is even better. But, of course, it always gets treated like the bastard stepchild, so nobody can be bothered to update it in a timely fashion. Odd how they much rather have a slower version of it out there then a faster version. Weird 
if there's got to be a aoTuV/libvorbis 1.3.5 merger first, before a new lancer build might see the light of day, this can take quite a while then i guess..

yes, not implementing aotuv is one thing, but i am even more curious to know why there is obviously no interrest in a nice gain of speed (lancer) for the official encoder? qualitywise, this should not be a huge drawback after all.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #46
aoTuV is better than the official version. The Lancer/aoTuV version is even better. But, of course, it always gets treated like the bastard stepchild, so nobody can be bothered to update it in a timely fashion. Odd how they much rather have a slower version of it out there then a faster version. Weird 

it is a pity, because merging these at a certain stage could have helped giving the vorbis encoder a not insignificant boost in popularity, i guess.

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #47
aoTuV is better than the official version.

1) Do you have any final proof on this? I think many people are still waiting.
2) If it's that much better why doesn't Xiph integrate the improvements? Sincere question.

Thanks!

The official Ogg Vorbis is about 2 minutes slower than Apple's AAC encoder. The Oggenc2.87/aoTuV 6.03 version easily beats that, and adds about a minute & change. Hydrogenaudio  has recommended Aoyumi's version of the Vorbis encoder for awhile now. Read about it at their wiki.
ghostman

libvorbis 1.3.4

Reply #48
The official Ogg Vorbis is about 2 minutes slower than Apple's AAC encoder. The Oggenc2.87/aoTuV 6.03 version easily beats that, and adds about a minute & change. Hydrogenaudio  has recommended Aoyumi's version of the Vorbis encoder for awhile now. Read about it at their wiki.

Speed? Minutes? AAC? What are you talking about?

Let me try to ask again since I don't think you understood the question:

Do you have any final proof on this?