Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac 104beta Error (Read 3370 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac 104beta Error

I've been using John33's 104beta compiles with -verify, and i got a read error: "flac file decoder seekable stream decoder error". any point further on in the track is not playable. any ideas?

Flac 104beta Error

Reply #1
I've been using John33's 104beta compiles with -verify, and i got a read error: "flac file decoder seekable stream decoder error". any point further on in the track is not playable. any ideas?

The full release of 1.0.4 is about to happen, in fact according to the CVS, it has, but not according to the site!! I would wait a few hours for the full release and then try again. 

The fact that there may have been an error in the beta is why they're called beta's!!

Flac 104beta Error

Reply #2
 well, i thought i'd better report it anyway. thanks

Flac 104beta Error

Reply #3

The full release of 1.0.4 is about to happen, in fact according to the CVS, it has, but not according to the site!! I would wait a few hours for the full release and then try again. 

The fact that there may have been an error in the beta is why they're called beta's!!

Unfortunately in this case it's unlikely; there weren't any fixes since the beta related to the actual encoders/decoders.

There's not enough info in the original post for me to tell what could be wrong, but try changing some variables, one at a time, e.g. try with the bin release from the flac project instead, try without -V but test the flac file with -t afterwards, etc. and see if you can narrow it down.

Josh