Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Alcohol 120% (Read 4159 times) previous topic - next topic

Alcohol 120%

Anyone have experience about this softwave? Any comment?

Alcohol 120%

Reply #1
Its a pretty good package... I rate it equal if not better than CloneCD. Great features for copying those hard to copy CDs easier.

I don't know about the newer version but I stil use whatever version came installed on this computer. I don't really use it anymore since I have no time to play games so I don't buy as many as I used to before. I think I am old or just too busy

Visit their website its gives you alot of useful tips and answer alot of those question about the program.

Regards
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Alcohol 120%

Reply #2
Kinda like a combo of CloneCD and the Deamon Tools, but the fromer is updated more frequently and the latter has more advanced DVD/CD drive emulation features, I personally think it's more straight forward than the competition for the average joe but lacks appeal for power users/burners.
Also, recent games like Sid Meier's Pirates! detect it's presence and won't run, the workaround is making a couple of registry values unreadable for the gamer's local account.

Edit: spelling.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Alcohol 120%

Reply #3
I reccomend the program burnatonce, I like it better than Alcohol 120% and its free.. whats better than that.. you can't do all the stuff like virtual drives and stuff though.

Alcohol 120%

Reply #4
I like very much CDRWin  , from Goldenhawk...

Alcohol 120%

Reply #5
Alcohol 120% is in a different class of programs than the standard burning programs. 

Yes, it can burn, but it's major points are virtual drives, emulation and ripping.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Alcohol 120%

Reply #6
Alcohol 120% is in a different class of programs than the standard burning programs. 

Yes, it can burn, but it's major points are virtual drives, emulation and ripping.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268791"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could always use the following list of free programs to do all of the above & probably better than Alcohol 120%
  • BurnAtOnce
  • DAEMON Tools
  • Exact Audio Copy

Alcohol 120%

Reply #7
As dreamliner77 tried to tell before users who are using Alcohol 120% want a bit more than burning simple Data-CDs - most of them want to make a copy of their copy-protected Game-CD and therefore Alcohol 120% is a really good choice.
Regarding this job Alcohol is under the Top 3 

Alcohol 120%

Reply #8
but Burnatonce does not support illegal TOC copy? can it?

I would use Nero to copy normal CD, for copy protected , i think alcohol 120% is the best (coz it support most protection)

Alcohol 120%

Reply #9
With CDRWin you can make copy of many protected CDs too.