Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9.3] Vorbis decoding failure (Read 4406 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9.3] Vorbis decoding failure

In the latest 0.9.3 beta(s?) I'm unable to play some Vorbis songs anymore. Foobar will pop-up with the following error message: 'Decoding failure at 0:00.000 (Unsupported format or corrupted file)'. Some songs of the same album (same rip) will play, some won't.

I've uploaded one of the songs here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=46838

Reply #1
Can anyone confirm if this is a foobar issue or that the files are realy corrupt?

Reply #2
Apparently, there is a weird glitch in the file which might be due to a bug in the rather old version of oggenc used to encode the file. The fourth Vorbis packet is not marked as audio for whatever reason. Peter said the next release will contain a fix for this problem.

Reply #3
Cheers foosion (and Peter of course)

Reply #4
Apparently, there is a weird glitch in the file which might be due to a bug in the rather old version of oggenc used to encode the file. The fourth Vorbis packet is not marked as audio for whatever reason. Peter said the next release will contain a fix for this problem.
Good to hear. I hope this also applies to ReplayGain scanning. I have some old ogg vorbis albums where some single tracks cannot be scanned due to the mentioned error (Unsupported format or corrupted file). They can be played back fine, though.