Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cannot see track metadata when burning with EAC (Read 2801 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot see track metadata when burning with EAC

Hi

After detecting the write offset using the technique ("You would rip the original CD first to WAV with the correct read offset. Then you would set both the read offset* and write offset in EAC to zero. Then burn the WAV to CD with EAC and rip that CD to WAV. Compare the original CD rip WAV to the burned CD rip WAV and in our case the WAVs would match making the combined read/write offset zero"), I used the cue sheet to burn the Wav files to a blank CD using EAC write option.

After burning when I played the cd on PC and car stereo I cannot see any metadata (track name, singers, albumn artis etc) which was all there in the CUE sheet.

The "Writer" section under Drive options in EAC settings has both "Drive is able to write UPC/ISRC" and "Drive is able to write CD-Text" unchecked.

Any idea why this info is missing?

Re: Cannot see track metadata when burning with EAC

Reply #1
"Drive is able to write CD-Text" unchecked.
This is why.

Note that even with CD-Text enabled, most metadata will be lost anyway.

Reply #2
If your drive supports writing CD-Text. Not all drives do.
korth

Reply #3
"Drive is able to write CD-Text" unchecked.
This is why.

Note that even with CD-Text enabled, most metadata will be lost anyway.

Im so surprised. If I burn the files with Nero I get all the meta data?

So do you reckon enabling "Drive is able to write CD-Text"  might help?

Whats the extra advantage we get in burning the wav files with EAC?(compared to say Nero)

Reply #5
Drive Options > Writer (tab) > Detect Write Features
must have writable CD in drive
korth

Reply #6
Drive Options > Writer (tab) > Detect Write Features

How should I perform it
1. Putting music cd
2, Putting blank disk
or
3. Empty Tray

Reply #7
blank
korth

Reply #8
blank

No luck

I got a window CD Write Simulation (Using Burn Proof). Progress bar shows done Time remaining 0.00
Hitting Cancel doesnt do anything
:-(

Reply #9
If I burn the files with Nero I get all the meta data
If this is the same drive then it should be able to write CD-Text.
Whats the extra advantage we get in burning the wav files with EAC
With write offset correction you can rip the burned CD and the file(s) should have the same CRC and AccurateRip results as an original (all audio - not enhanced) CD. Without write offset correction these will be different.
korth

Reply #10
CD-Text is limited to a short disc description and a short description of each track (and I do mean short). If you want anything more then you will need to record audio files with your metadata, and play them on a device that will play them.