Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My components (Read 35313 times) previous topic - next topic

My components

My components have returned to the usual place! The special links I handed out will still work, however. Keep up with this topic for future update notices, though.

I am now running a Patreon campaign to try to help make ends meet. I have been running short of funds for many months now, due to some wild spending, and now I'm paying for it dearly. I won't have enough to buy a new code signing certificate for at least another month, so there won't be any more signed updates after the 5th of February, 2017, unless I get this rectified. There are also some wiiiild credit bills that I'm barely able to pay the minimum payment on, so I'll probably be swamped for years to come.

If you feel that Patreon is a broken system, and would rather send a single donation whenever you want, I accept multiple methods as listed on my components mirror. Signatures may be checked against my Keybase identity.

Also, since I haven't been able to afford a new code signing key, I've taken to PGP/GPG signing my binaries, and signing the .fb2k-component packages as well. .asc signatures are included in the archives, and .asc signatures for the archives themselves are on my mirror site, linked above.

Changed 2016-11-29 07:11 UTC:
  • foo_midi 2.0.2
    • Unleash the Secret Sauce! Your lucky number for today is: d44d1b8c9a6f956ca2324f2f5d348c44

Changed 2016-11-30 05:00 UTC:
  • Order restored
    • All component downloads restored.
    • All gitlab.kode54.net repositories opened again.
    • Sorry, the Github repositories are gone now, please repost any active issues on the Gitlab!
    • Personal unique download links for fb2k-component archives will still work, so long as they're not obviously posted widely. Keep them as a souvenir, if you wish.

Changed 2016-12-01 04:00 UTC:
  • foo_midi 2.0.3
    • Improved Secret Sauce reset with even heavier resetting
    • Added Secret Sauce reverb/chorus disable
    • Added Nuclear Option soft panning control
    • Oops! Was reading Secret Sauce flavor from configuration rather than preset

Changed 2016-12-06 00:57 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-120-gef6778b
    • Activated FFmpeg support in foobar2000 component. This means that:
    • Dependencies are now distributed separately, in vgmstream-win32-deps.zip. I will report here if this file changes at any point. Unpack to somewhere in your foobar2000 path, such as foobar2000's root directory. Do not unpack to the component directory, unless you want to manage your own updates, as it will be wiped and rewritten on any automatic update.

Changed on 2016-12-09 00:24 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-128-ga652ef3
    • Fixed FFmpeg imports by replacing the dlltool created .lib files with Microsoft lib.exe generated versions, since disabling /opt:ref would really bloat out the binary sizes.
    • Enabled FFmpeg 'accurate' looping, which is apparently the only option that really works right now.

Changed on 2016-12-09 05:05 UTC:
  • foo_input_gsf 3.0.1
    • Updated mGBA with the following changes:
      • Only unhalt CPU if an IRQ actually fires.
        • Fixes Earthworm Jim, and possibly unknown others.
        • No effect on the Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga rip, which I had to alter.

Changed on 2016-12-09 22:38 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-129-g2082a7a
    • Replaced FFmpeg imports with my own minimal build of FFmpeg.
    • FFmpeg headers and libraries now included in repository for convenience, as well as a build configuration file for a convenient auto building suite for Windows.
    • Dependencies are once again bundled with the .fb2k-component, so you may now remove them from your path to save on disk space.
    • The dependencies bundle has also been updated, and will still be provided for the convenience of other versions or distributions of the VGMStream player.

Changed on 2016-12-10 03:03 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-130-g01b0180
    • Added more verbose file information reporting, including the codec information, file layout, possible interleave size, and metadata source.
    • Fixed a seeking bug that has been present ever since seeking was adjusted to collapse it into the range of the loop, which was done to save some processing power from massive seeks.

Changed on 2016-12-18 19:41 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-147-gad85fc8
    • Various fixes to the FFmpeg integration, including:
      • .POS file support with .VGMS/.VGMSTREAM files, for loop overrides for arbitrary formats that may be supported by FFmpeg.
      • Added proper/looped .XMA support.
    • Fixed PS2 MSS sample count and description.
    • Added .BCWAV dual stereo (3DS Lego games)

Changed on 2016-12-19 03:54 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-148-g6a4577f
    • Fixed PS2 MSS sample count for real this time, in a way that hopefully doesn't break anything.

Changed on 2016-12-21 01:03 UTC:
  • foo_midi 2.0.4
    • Fixed Secret Sauce seeking.

Changed on 2016-12-23 03:01 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-150-g37c16ab
    • Updated FFmpeg with new build options, which include MSF support, FLAC, Bink Audio, and maybe others.
    • Also remembered to code sign the binaries.

Changed on 2016-12-23 05:07 UTC:
  • foo_dumb 1.0.164
    • Moved UMX reading outside of the module handler and into its own unpacker, which should allow modplay, playptmod, and BASS to handle the files.
    • Updated playptmod to version 1.31:
      • Fixes an unchecked memcpy in ADPCM sample handling. D'oh.

Changed on 2016-12-23 20:28 UTC:
  • foo_dumb 1.0.165
    • Last minute fix to new UMX unpacker, so it actually rejects invalid archives instead of returning successfully with a NULL file pointer.

Changed on 2016-12-27 00:51 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-166-g1899a20
    • Added HEVAG (.vag) [PSVita games], thanks daemon1
    • Added "short VAG" SGXD type 5 [Afrika PS3]
    • Added Killzone VAGp (.vag)
    • Adjusted some VAGp [Ecco the Dolphin]
    • Added namco XMA (.xma), Soul Calibur II HD XMA (.past) variations
    • Removed .vgms (not .vgmstream), as I feel one hack-extension is enough
    • Cleanup

Changed on 2017-01-02 05:22 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-167-g4b508ef
    • Added .XWM file name extension, for XMA format files.

Changed on 2017-01-02 18:20 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-190-g8ef18d7
    • Fixed a rare case of silence/0-read at the edge of some files
    • Redone FSB1-4: improved XMA/MPEG, bugs
    • Added PS ADPCM of configurable frame size (FF XI PC)
    • Fixed regression/segfault in multistream .mtaf [MGS3]

Changed on 2017-01-04 00:32 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-198-g1b9dcac
    • Add SCD OGG v3 decryption (FF XIV Heavensward)
    • Basic support for multi-stream SCD (FF XIV sfx, maybe others)
    • Add .aa3 and .oma (demuxed PS3 movies)
    • (dev) unified supported extensions so all plugins use the same list in formats.c (except foobar2000 Windows assocs)

Changed on 2017-01-08 21:37 UTC by bnnm and kode54:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-213-g5aa501c
    • Added .nps extension [Venus & Braves PS2]
    • Added ATRAC3/XMA in VAWX (.xwv) [Moon Diver, No More Heroes X360]
    • Added .swag [Frantix PSP]
    • Added PS2 VDS/VDM [Graffiti Kingdom]
    • Added CXS [Eternal Sonata (Xbox 360)]
    • Updated FFmpeg.

Changed on 2017-01-09 17:36 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-214-g72f3e35
    • Fixed a possible regression with Capcom MCA handling, affecting some odd files.
  • Happy birthday to meeeee, happy birthday to meeeeeeeee.

Changed on 2017-01-10 18:09 UTC:
  • foo_input_aopsf 2.2
    • Implement some more fixes to the IOP and threading HLE code, improving PSF2 compatibility.
    • Implement console logging, for debugging purposes.
    • Rewrote the threading implementation, which should fix some other files.
    • Fixed IOP printf to handle stack arguments.
    • It may be safe to use this component full time now.

Changed on 2017-01-14 22:23 UTC by derselbst and bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-232-gefdbf8c
    • (dev) avoid format-security compiler warnings
    • Added ATRAC3/XMA in GSP/GSB [Quantum Theory (PS3/X360)]
    • Fixed GSP+GSB DSP total samples [Super Swing Golf (NGC)]
    • Fixed 6ch "multi" IDSP [Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U)]
    • Fixed SCD XMA [Final Fantasy XIII (X360)]
    • Added SCD ATRAC3plus [Lord of Arcana (PSP)]
    • (dev) reorganized some stuff

Changed on 2017-01-16 00:27 UTC by bnnm and kode54:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-247-g8365af7
    • Added SCD DSP Wii U [Dragon Quest X (Wii U)]
    • Fixed regression in Xbox codecs
    • Big speedup in test.exe, and Winamp/foobar seeking in some cases
    • (dev) I/O optimizations
    • (dev) easier Visual Studio builds for foobar/test/winamp

Changed on 2017-01-16 19:20 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-248-gb5e6808
    • Fix for decoding and seeking change that was committed incorrectly, and needed rewriting. Fixes playback of many formats.

Changed on 2017-01-17 06:40 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-250-g05a33ee
    • Removed sample decoder block alignment from foobar2000 frontend, as it was unnecessary, and also broke things for most formats.
    • Added a correct fix to the PSX ADPCM decoders that didn't support restarting decoding on an uneven sample number.

Changed on 2017-01-17 18:46 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-251-gf47faba
    • Fixed another regression caused by deleting return statements that other switch cases fell through to. Fixes NGC AFC format.

Changed on 2017-01-21 21:36 UTC:
  • foo_hdcd 1.18
    • Disable all HDCD processing and instantiation of the decoder if the meta tag "HDCD" is set to "no".

Changed on 2017-01-23 07:19 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-260-gf70b917
    • Fixed some SCD [Dragon Quest X (WiiU)]
    • Fixed Koei Tecmo's WiiBGM DSP [Romance of Three Kingdoms 12 (WiiU)]
    • Added NPS XMA [Beutiful Katamari (X360)]
    • (ffmpeg) 6ch support for MSF/ATRAC3 [TTT HD, Caladrius Blaze (PS3)]
    • (ffmpeg) 6ch support for XMA [Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tekken 6 (X360)]

Changed on 2017-01-26 01:46 UTC:
  • foo_midi 2.0.5
    • Fixed Secret Sauce GS reset

Changed on 2017-01-27 01:39 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-261-g53e3af6
    • Updated FFmpeg, including enabling the XMA parser that was added to the disabled list by mistake.

Changed on 2017-01-27 22:20 UTC:
  • foo_midi 2.0.6
    • Fixed Secret Sauce XG reset
    • Secret Sauce now prevents GS flavor setting if an override is in place

Changed on 2017-01-28 20:15 UTC:
  • foo_dumb 1.0.166
    • Hopefully fixed STM arpeggio effect speed

Changed on 2017-02-04 01:09 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-278-gc7ec14e
    • Added Omikron: The Nomad Soul IMA .ADP
    • Relaxed IDSP loop checks
    • Fixed mono .ADS [Gauntlet Dark Legacy (GC/Xbox)]
    • Fixed .MSA sample count [Psyvariar (PS2)]
    • Added .str extension [Ben 10: Galactic Racing]
    • Added basic multistream FSB4 support
    • Fixed some SGXD
    • (dev) Xenoblade 3D DSP .adx cleanup and minor fixes

Changed on 2017-02-04 07:06 UTC:
  • Damn near everything!

Changed on 2017-02-05 01:18 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-294-g39e34e6
    • Added looping MP4 (.lmp4) [FFV iOS, FFDimensions iOS, Tales of Hearts R iOS]
      • needs renaming .mp4 (ToHr) or .bin (FFV/FFD) to .lmp4
    • Improved .MSF [Silent Hill HD (PS3), Digi World SP (PS3)]
    • Added BIK/BIKa 1/2 [various game movies]
    • Added FSB4/5 multichannel ADPCM
    • Fixed FSB5 sample rate and channels
    • (ffmpeg) Added 6ch joint stereo (for Atrac3)

Changed on 2017-02-24 03:14 UTC:
  • foo_midi 2.0.9 [signature]
    • Updated BASSMIDI and BASSFLAC libraries.
    • Added Apogee MIDI driver to Nuclear Option set
    • Added dumb cleanup to Secret Sauce startup. This should help alleviate literal gigabytes worth of temporary files accumulating over time.

Changed on 2017-02-24 03:47 UTC by bnnm and haolink:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-318-g223f732
    • [bnnm] Added AKB support for OGG/alt AAC [SQEX iOS: Dragon Quest 2-6, FF6, TWEWY]
    • [bnnm] Relaxed loop validation in Nintendo "standard" DSP [ESPN 2002]
    • [bnnm] (dev) FFmpeg preparations to fix some decoders with encoder delay
    • [haolink] Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force Looping OGG support added.
    • [bnnm] Added multichannel XVAG MPEG [Uncharted 3, The Last of Us]
    • [bnnm] (dev) MPEG tweaks

Changed on 2017-02-25 18:40 UTC:
  • foo_dumb 1.0.169 [signature]
    • Updated ST3Play to version 0.78, now with proper default panning

Changed on 2017-03-01 04:23 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-329-g59c2a57
    • [bnnm] Redone XWB with full support [many XBOX360 games]
      Includes PCM/XBOX-ADPCM/MS-ADPCM/XMA1/XMA2/WMAv1/WMAv2/WMApro.
    • [bnnm] (dev) XMA sample reader tweaks

Changed on 2017-03-02 05:09 UTC:
  • foo_input_syntrax 1.4 [signature]
    • Changed the resampler to a mono implementation instead of wastefully using a stereo implementation, which resulted in a twofold improvement in playback performance.

Changed on 2017-03-05 16:00 UTC by bnnm:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-339-g4f9df81
    • [bnnm] Fixed some XWB XACT2 looping [Blue Dragon, Prey]
    • [bnnm] Added basic multi-stream FSB5 support
    • [bnnm] Added SFX SGDX support
    • [bnnm] Shows stream numbers in the description (few multi-stream formats only)

Changed on 2017-03-06 05:49 UTC:
  • foo_input_avs 0.5 [signature]
    • Changed to support floating point sample formats directly, instead of converting them to 24 bit integer format.

Changed on 2017-03-11 00:42 UTC:
  • foo_input_vgmstream r1050-351-ga36bf19 [signature]
    • Added GENH codecs: ATRAC3, ATRAC3plus, XMA1, XMA2, FFmpeg
    • Added "short" MPDS (coefs missing) [T3, MI: Operation Surma (GC)]
    • (dev) IMA/GENH/SCD cleanup; HCA extension check

Re: My components

Reply #1
Space reserved.

Reply #2
Space reserved.

Reply #3
I am not going to ask the reasons behind this action, just want to say I love your plugins.

Reply #5
Btw, what's "Secret Sauce"? Some alternative Sound Canvas player?

Reply #6
It is a mystery.

Reply #7
OoOooooOooo I like riddles ^w^

Reply #9
Hmm, my lucky number is an exact one, path to Secret Sauce is set up correctly, but the Secret Sauce part in foo_midi preferences is not visible. Is there another part of the riddle I'm missing?

[EDIT]
Ahh, found it! Path should not contain the file name.

Reply #10
Bumping to report on my development process.

I am once again using a Windows virtual machine to develop and debug my components. This is not because I am running a non-Windows operating system as my primary desktop. I am running Windows 10 Pro on my primary desktop, my original 2012 desktop tower, which has since its original build received a number of different upgrades:

Unfortunately, I've run into a lovely issue that originally reared its ugly head on various developers as early as 2006. Basically, the MUI and handwriting and such interfaces will create local console wide mutex objects, and lock those during text rendering in just about every GUI application in the system. This now includes console apps, so they're involved in the same problem as well. The problem happens when the GUI app you're debugging locks these mutexes in one thread, then another thread is suspended due to an exception, or a breakpoint, or single-stepping through the code. These mutexes then stay locked along with their thread in the app, and soon, all GUI apps in the entire local console session lock up. The only way to regain control of the system, short of hard resetting, is to give the three finger salute and log out.

The only known workaround, since Windows 10 seems to make these MUI things permanent, is to do all debugging on the other end of Terminal Services or Remote Desktop, where the mutexes either don't exist, or don't affect display rendering.

So now I am developing inside a Windows VM, on a Windows desktop. But it's okay, I've got 32 gigs of RAM, that's plenty, right?

Reply #12
I did not alter foo_hdcd. How do you wish me to alter it?

E: Altered. Almost forgot about those posts, somehow.

Reply #14
typo within https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_vgmstream
https://gitlab.kode54.net/kode54/lib(g)7221_decode/commits/master
This was corrected by adding the requisite "g".

broken link within https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_midi
https://gitlab.kode54.net/kode54/midi_processing/commits/master
And this was corrected by changing a project from private to public. The link was correct, but the project was still private, by mistake.

Reply #15
And with today's VGMStream update, comes what is likely to be my last release signed with this Thawte personal certificate, which expires on Sunday. As they have been telling me repeatedly at each step, they no longer offer personal certificates, but they'll happily renew my certificate for an organization, which I do not have registered. I also do not have that kind of money.

I was thinking of something along the lines of this Open Source Code Signing certificate, which will run me about €14, which I won't have until next month. I'd rather not start releasing unsigned binaries.

I'll be updating the opening post with a campaign link, hopefully I can get some funds to help out with the bills here.

Reply #16
7-Zip archive support seems show wrong version (1.11) on the components page, I got 1.12, also AdPlug decoder 1.47, its 1.48. Any plan for you to update BASS libraries inside you foo_midi package?

Reply #18
What has been changed about the http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_r128norm ? Description not too transparent ...

Well, crap. They raised the price of the Open Source Code Signing certificate to €86. How swell.

https://en.sklep.certum.pl/data-safety/code-signing-certificates.html

Now it says 28, doesn't it?

I am now running a Patreon campaign

I for one prefer to hand out one-time rather than having to sign up for yet another service (in particular one that had donation records hacked and exposed and stolen).  Not sure what channels are convenient to use these days ...

Reply #19
That certificate provider still hasn't gotten back to me with any information regarding whether that Open Source certificate is any good for signing binaries, and the €139 standard certificate is the first to mention that. The OSS certificate also doesn't mention an expiration date or valid lifetime, seeming to imply it's a non-expiring certificate designed for signing source code and text documents, not binaries.

As for being hacked and having its records stolen, I was unaware of that. I barely remember anything about records of things I may have foolishly donated to being leaked, but I guess that slipped my mind.

I also have a Pledgie button on my components' page. Perhaps I shouldn't even ask for money, all I can account of that $125 raised since starting to use the service has gone towards paying ongoing bills, of which I manage to cover about $400 per month.

Unsurprisingly, the previous description on the Patreon page, which basically admitted to me being financially irresponsible, did not manage to bring anything in. Maybe what I really need is someone to take over my finances and handle all of my payments and purchases.

Reply #20
I didn't even know about your Patreon page until I got myself back to this page to ask about foo_r128norm and checked your OP again.  Wonder whether you have had the Patreon link in the "About" the component for long without my noticing it. (Maybe that was the most recent update?) 

Maybe Peter should allow for some dry "this component author accepts donations" link on e.g. http://www.foobar2000.org/components/author/kode54 , but I guess only a minority of fb2k users would donate even to him, and he has kept the money nagging at a low key.

Reply #21
Does secret sauce flavor create temp files for some reason? I just realized this after I checked my temp folder. I rarely delete the contents but when I checked, I got 267 tmp file, about 6.38 GB. The way I use it is I just copy the needed file to certain folder and set it to path. Regards :)

Reply #22
I need to fix that. It should only create up to 3 temp files per instance of the decoder active, recycling them for successive instances. I'll need to add more aggressive cleanup on startup, so they don't accumulate. I noticed 4.5GB worth of them accumulated on my own system.

Unfortunately, I want to release new components with proper code signature, but I don't have the money for that yet. I'll see what next month brings.

Reply #23
hi, another question. When using vsti plug-in, every time start new playback, my mouse cursor show loading icon for a moment. What could be the reason? Is it normal behavior? I'm using Windows 8.1 64-bit and Yamaha S-YXG50 Portable VSTi v1.0.0.

Reply #24
The VSTi player is spawning an external process every time this happens, where it opens the VSTi three times. This is a background process, and I don't know why it pops up the loading icon, other than some behavior of this particular VSTi.