Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on... (Read 1623 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on...

Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on a song to play it, so that foobar opens only his surface when I click on the tray icon?

Re: Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on...

Reply #1
There definitely was.
But I can't find the option in the settings anymore. :(

Re: Is there a way to let foobar stay in the tray / background while clicking on...

Reply #2
On my old laptop, foobar2000 (v1.4.2) still does exactly that. It stays in the background when I start to play a new song by opening the audio file with foobar2000 from the Windows Explorer.

Reply #3
I changed the settings on my old laptop in a much older version of foobar2000.
I will export the settings and import them in the installation on my new laptop later.
That should work.
I still wonder if I just always overlook the option in the settings or if the option is somehow hidden in newer versions of foobar2000.

Reply #4
Try looking under Preferences/Shell Integration to see if "Bring to front when adding new files" is checked.

Reply #5
Yes, that was it. Thank you! :)
Somehow didn't expect the option there...