Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 689604 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #500
Just an idea, but how about providing an interface for other components to retrieve the 'now playing' and 'follow cursor' bitmaps, perhaps as a Gdiplus::Bitmap or HBITMAP, so that they don't have to worry about url retrieval or archives.

seconded! this would be very useful and would help to add album art to other components easily ...

Reply #501

- how can I get album covers from INSIDE Foobar with foo_run and which .exe and which dedicated scripts ?

It isn't possible to access the images that Album Art Panel displays or their locations from another plugin (e.g., foo_run).  Perhaps if you described what your ultimate goal is, we could offer some suggestions.

Sure yes .. I mean, is there a simple way of downloading covers with foobar itself and foo_run maybe (and which script leading to which database ?), instead of using external software, like AlbumArtAggregator which I don't find really convenient nor complete?
The good way to have albumart something to display !
les conquérants de l'inutile

Reply #502
Sure yes .. I mean, is there a simple way of downloading covers with foobar itself and foo_run maybe (and which script leading to which database ?), instead of using external software, like AlbumArtAggregator which I don't find really convenient nor complete?
The good way to have albumart something to display !

Ah...I totally misunderstood your question

david_dl made a nice little cover art downloader available here.  That post also has a string to use with foo_run.

Just an idea, but how about providing an interface for other components to retrieve the 'now playing' and 'follow cursor' bitmaps, perhaps as a Gdiplus::Bitmap or HBITMAP, so that they don't have to worry about url retrieval or archives.

Interesting idea, for sure.  I would think that foo_uie_albumart should be split into two components for this to work: one to actually find and load the images, manage the sources list, etc. ("foo_image_loader", maybe?), and the other would just draw the found art as a panel.  I probably won't get to this for a long while, but I'll keep it in mind.

Reply #503

Interesting idea, for sure.  I would think that foo_uie_albumart should be split into two components for this to work: one to actually find and load the images, manage the sources list, etc. ("foo_image_loader", maybe?), and the other would just draw the found art as a panel.  I probably won't get to this for a long while, but I'll keep it in mind.

Splitting it is a very good idea, that would make it available to those who don't use/have columns ui installed and reduce feature bloat.

Also is foobar2000 capable of reading binary (ie. image) data from ID3v2 tags yet?

Reply #504
Question for Album Art users/developers: how does everyone make albumart recognize a stream (vs a local file), so that it will display different images for each? I noticed that some people listed two separate images in the "no cover art" thread. I've done a forum search but couldn't find a way to do it.

After playing around with tag formatting, I came up with the following line for my configuration (Album Art Panel 0.20) but I wonder if there an easier or more straightforward way:

--$if($stricmp($left(%path%,7),'http://'),components\defaultradio.png,components\default.png)

In particular, this approach will get it wrong if it's reading a fixed file via http. So two questions:

- is there a better way to determine whether foobar is reading a stream?

- should this be put into the documentation? It's something a lot of users might want.

Reply #505
I believe you could use "$if(%length_seconds%,...)", which would check to see if there is a total time listed.  Streams wouldn't have that.  At least I recall seeing this used elsewhere.

Reply #506
Hi, just a quite simple thing: this topic is getting crazy: the album art component is no longer developed by david dl and finding the good last version of foo uie album art is problematic: no official page (or at least I didn't find any for the last version) and new users (and me ) have to spend a lot of time to find the dll in this huge topic.

Would it be possible to make a split, a new topic, edit the first post with the last version or whatever to make things easier?

Well I'm plunging again in this topic to find the last version of this plugin which seems to be very interesting

edit: I found the official page but editing the first post would help anyway

Reply #507
^ while I agree with you, I'd rather not start a third foo_uie_albumart thread.  For reference, I do try to update the "(Current Version)" link on the wiki page to always point to the forum post I made with the latest version (though I admittedly forgot to do that with version 0.2.0).  Maybe that's where the first page of the thread should link.

And, just to add to your general confusion

-----
Version 0.2.1 (June 18, 2006)
Plugin homepage

Download
Change log
Source

Reminder: if you are upgrading from a version prior to 0.2.0, your preferences will be lost
-----

This version should fix the issues with tracks that don't have album art.  The display should be blank for tracks with no album art.  With auto-cycling and "skip no-covers" enabled, Album Art Panel will first scan the sources list and ignore "no-cover" sources.  If a match can't be found, it will then pick a no-cover image to display.

Also, the preferences dialog should be fixed so you can switch between foobar2000 and other applications.  I wasn't able to get the menu to appear when you right-click on the taskbar button, though.

Reply #508
Hello, I've just made a modified version of version 0.2.1 that support changing the MSN avator (dp).
It can be treated as a separate plugin in fact, because it is single instance (doesn't make sense to have more than one instance to change the avator), and the config data is separated from the original one.
When playing music, the MSN avator is the same as the albumart, otherwise the original avator will be restored.
Also, this modified one can be used together with the original one.

download

Reply #509
Hello, I've just made a modified version of version 0.2.1 that support changing the MSN avator (dp).
It can be treated as a separate plugin in fact, because it is single instance (doesn't make sense to have more than one instance to change the avator), and the config data is separated from the original one.
When playing music, the MSN avator is the same as the albumart, otherwise the original avator will be restored.

download

Maybe what you've done can be integrated into foo_amip as it seems it might be better suited for that plugin.

Reply #510
awesome work on album art
i am using windows vis called  milk, and have my fonts set to 120 dpi, when i go to the prefs window i am missing about 10% of the right hand side, i am just wondering if its possible for you to fix, or do i have to revert to 90dpi text?

thanks again for your work on this component

Reply #511
i am using windows vis called  milk, and have my fonts set to 120 dpi, when i go to the prefs window i am missing about 10% of the right hand side, i am just wondering if its possible for you to fix, or do i have to revert to 90dpi text?

Probably.  I've kind of wondered what would happen if someone were using a different font size.  I'll see what I can do.

Reply #512

download

Maybe what you've done can be integrated into foo_amip as it seems it might be better suited for that plugin.

Or foo_msn.

Reply #513

Probably.  I've kind of wondered what would happen if someone were using a different font size.  I'll see what I can do.

If its a standard dialog resource won't windows automatically adjust the size of the Dialog Units?

Reply #515
Thanks for a great plugin!

I was wondering, is there a way to have more than one No Cover image?  I tried both a wild card and listing them separately, but it still only shows the first one, even when I select Next Source.

(I know I can move them manually in the config.)

Reply #518
I noticed this was mentioned above, but I would love the ability to cycle through all of the *.jpg files in a given folder which was already coded in a prior version but taken out of the current version.

Reply #519
If its a standard dialog resource won't windows automatically adjust the size of the Dialog Units?

That's what all the documentation I've read has told me.  As far as I recall, all the controls are defined in the resource file, so yeah, it should resize itself.  I have yet to test it out really.

edit: I've tested now and confirmed that the dialog gets cut off when using 120dpi fonts.  I'll try to get that corrected soon.

I noticed this was mentioned above, but I would love the ability to cycle through all of the *.jpg files in a given folder which was already coded in a prior version but taken out of the current version.

It's already on my to-do list ("Cycle through all wildcard matches"), which is on my plugin page.

Reply #520
Now that we can use multiple albumart panels at once (Thank You!), albumart allows us a lot more freedom with foobar with regards to adding frames, borders, and other "useless eyecandy". Much more flexible than the old dummy button trick.  While I realize this use is probably far outside the designers original intent it works very well. This does bring up a small feature request on my part though..

Is it possible to tile an albumart image (and if not would you consider looking into making it possible)?  We can already view the images normally or apply different methods of stretching and scaling. It seems only natural we would eventually want to tile them.

Thank you for all your work ceating one of the most popular and useful components for foobar.

Reply #521
(On another thread)
However to answer the question, foo_uie_albumart supports TAGZ for sources. Here's a quick example of how to make it change images depending on wether anything is playing (hit stop/play to toggle your frames):

Code: [Select]
$if(%isplaying%,border\image1.png,border\image2.png)

Oh, I didn't know that foobar automatically searches from foobar dir, so I tried to type the whole path into the small window (like C:\program files\foobar 2000\ ...). Also, %ispaused% doesn't seem to work at all (it would be nice if it worked), so that was another reason I didn't get it to work. Anyways, thank you very much

Reply #522
One additional thing to note, I dont know if this is a bug or not but I've noticed that sometimes if you add a new variable to a source (as in, a %variable% that isnt anywhere else in the panel config) that it wont get processed properly until you restart foobar. If you spend the time to come up with a good block of code but you think a new variable is not working you may want to restart foobar before giving up on the approach.

Reply #523
Has anyone tried splitting the frames of an animated GIF and then have albumart cycle through them at maximum speed, for faux animation?  I wonder if it would be fast enough.  (Does 0 mean no delay, or no cycling?)  I guess it would depend on the original animation.  Obviously, you'd have to disable transitions.

Reply #524
Version 2.1 is reported in preferences/components as 2.0!
Music is my first love.