Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fresh install of winXP. Will EAC Profile work? (Read 1251 times) previous topic - next topic

Fresh install of winXP. Will EAC Profile work?

Hi.

I have done a fresh install of win xp on my computer due to a corrupted file system.  I have 4 EAC profiles saved.  On the fresh install will I just be able to install EAC again and load the profiles and continued to rip again with no hassle to reconfig everything?  Everything about the computer is the same, same drive etc, nothing has changed hardware wise.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Many thanks.

Reply #1
Since nearly everything in EAC configuration relates to the hardware, I don't think there would be any issues except having to point it to where you keep your encoders (if the path is different from what it was before reformatting).

However, there is one option, I forget what it's called, but it has something to do with how EAC accesses the drive. It's the one I always left on "Native Windows interface"... If you changed that option to use some other interface, you might need to re-install said interface.

By the way, I've never heard any reason given as to why someone wouldn't use the native Windows interface. Only that, in the pre-Windows-2000 days, there was no "native interface". Is there any reason why someone would change that option?

Reply #2
Cool cheers.

I loaded the profile up and everything ripped fine.

I don't know if you'll know this but I'm rather used to eac 1.0 beta 1, but I know there are newer versions of EAC.  I'm wondering is beta 1 still fine to use or would you recommend the latest and greatest release?  I DL it and tried it but didn't like the look of it.

Cheers.