Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Assistance with boolean functions (Read 882 times) previous topic - next topic

Assistance with boolean functions

Hi,

I'm a bit OCD with my collection and I have tags that I use to distinguish releases - RELEASECOUNTRY and PUBLISHER. I usually have these displayed after the album title as follows:

Code: [Select]
Name of Album [2000, Publisher Name]

There are sometimes occasions when I'll have only one of those tags present, and sometimes they won't exist at all. If there are no tags, I don't want the [ and ] to be displayed after the album title. I'm not sure how I'd build the argument to say, in effect:

• If no tags at all, leave completely blank (i.e. Name of Album)
  • If both tags present, insert brackets and fill in data with comma seperation (i.e. Name of Album [2000, Publisher Name])
  • If only one tag present, insert brackets and fill in sole tag with no comma (i.e. Name of Album [2000] or Name of Album [Publisher Name])

As you can see, it's a bit of an awkward one. Any advice would be most appreciated. :)

Re: Assistance with boolean functions

Reply #2
Fantastic! Thank you so much for your help, snotlicker. :D