Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Skip Silence DSP — problem (Read 1629 times) previous topic - next topic

Skip Silence DSP — problem

I was looking for a way to skip silence at the end of tracks and the Skip Silence DSP seems to be exactly what I’m looking for. Except that it chops great chunks out of the MIDDLE of songs! Surely most people don’t want this?

I think there needs to be 3 checkboxes in the settings:

When to skip silence:
◻ Beginning of track [checked by default]
◻ During track
◻ End of track [checked by default]

Also, could there be separate threshold/length controls for the above? This would allow for harsher skipping at the end of songs than the beginning.

Another (less important) suggestion: in order to get this DSP working to your satisfaction, you have to do a bit of experimentation with the settings whilst listening to songs and paying careful attention to if and when they are skipping by watching the playhead. I believe this process would be made much easier if there were the following option:

◻ Test mode (plays tone over portions that would normally be skipped)