Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 'Digital' software CD player (Read 3199 times) previous topic - next topic

'Digital' software CD player

Is there any software that will play audio CDs over my soundcard if my CD drive isn't connected to the soundcard with that analog audio cable? One that will somehow play over IDE?

Reply #1
AFAIK any decent software player should be able to do that.

Reply #3
AFAIK any decent software player should be able to do that.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319415"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use Winamp.  It can play CD's either way.  I normally use digital play because I can access on-line album info.

Reply #4
I haven't been using the analog cables since Windows 98.
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #5
Digital connections from soundcard to speakers has been around for a long time and can be found easily at any electronics store like Fry's or Best Buy.
It is pretty common place for computer speakers to have both analog and digital in now-a-days.  And it's also pretty standard for soundards to have digital out.  At least the ones that aren't built into a motherboard that is.
J

Reply #6
Win2k and XP by default use the IDE channel for digital audio.  I couldn't tell you the last time I connected an analog cable from the cd drive.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'