Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A discussion on sound quality of portable players (Read 2637 times) previous topic - next topic

A discussion on sound quality of portable players

I am an beginner of this field. So I want to know something, can we talk about it?Thank you very much!

1)How does a mp3 hardware player work?

2)What can have an effect on the sound quality of a mp3 hardware player?

3)How to make a mp3 player with a excellent sound quality?

4)Which mp3 player in the market has a excellent sound quality?

Thanks again!
Let's make things better!

Reply #1
4) The iPod fails to playback 320kbps encoded MP3s properly. Some say the tracks sound like played underwater, i personally think it has more of a stuttery feeling. It can play lossless files however..

Reply #2
4) The iPod fails to playback 320kbps encoded MP3s properly. Some say the tracks sound like played underwater, i personally think it has more of a stuttery feeling. It can play lossless files however..

Hmm...would this be a hardware problem? or something fixable by an update to the iPod software I wonder.

Reply #3
apple released an update yesterday, i will try and see whether the problem persists

EDIT: yes... 

Reply #4
you could test it yourself if you have an iPod
This zip contains AIFF and multiple MP3 files of 2 samples

http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~kjliu/flutter.zip (11.5MB)

btw, i have a 3g iPod