Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLACCL - check parameters (Read 3199 times) previous topic - next topic

FLACCL - check parameters

Hi there.

I'm trying to convert files using FLACCL in foobar2000, but nothing happens and an information tell me to take a look in the parameters. I don't know what to do... please, anyone can help me?

In the picture below you can see my settings.

I follow all information here: http://cue.tools/wiki/FLACCL

Re: FLACCL - check parameters

Reply #1
http://cue.tools/wiki/Command-line_Tools#CUETools.FLACCL.cmd.exe_.28former_CUETools.FlaCuda.exe.29
Code: [Select]
-s <method>           Stereo decorrelation (independent,search)
https://xiph.org/flac/documentation_tools_flac.html#flac_options_silent
-s, --silent 	Silent: do not show encoding/decoding statistics. 

-s doesn't have the same meaning as with FLAC and requires additional information. I'd start there.
korth

Reply #2
@korth

Thank you very much!

Reply #3
Sorry to come here again...

I'm trying a lot, but I can't get a parameter to work...

This is the last I tried:
-5 --ignore-chunk-sizes --verify -o %d

Nothing happens...

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -532462766 (0xE0434352); please re-check parameters

Please, anyone could give me a parameter that works?...

Reply #4
You have all files belonging to flacCL in its folder?
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #5
-5 --ignore-chunk-sizes --verify -o %d
No input.
Did you try piping the input using "-" ? (it was included in your first post)
-5 --ignore-chunk-sizes --verify - -o %d
korth

Reply #6
@Wombat
Yes, please take a look in the picture below...

@korth
This parameter doesn't work too... same error message...

Reply #7
My current settings (image below).

Reply #8
Your settings work for me
Note: For the encoder I left everything in the CUETools as is.
Encoder file: E:\CUETools_2.1.9\CUETools.FLACCL.cmd.exe
korth

Reply #9
I downloaded CUETools_2.1.9.zip and successfully encoded wav into flac. It's necessary to have the following set of files:

flac.cl
CUETools.FLACCL.cmd.exe
CUETools.Codecs.dll
CUETools.Codecs.FLACCL.dll
CUETools.Codecs.Flake.dll
Newtonsoft.Json.dll
OpenCLNet.dll

So, you need to copy additional file: Newtonsoft.Json.dll into your FlacCL folder.

Reply #10
So, you need to copy additional file: Newtonsoft.Json.dll into your FlacCL folder.
Now it works!

@korth
@Wombat
@lvqcl

Thank you very much for your patience and dedication. I couldn't have done it without the assistance of you, who always bring useful lessons for newbies like me.

Finally, I would just like to take care to suggest that someone report to the person responsible for maintaining the information on this page so that the necessary Newtonsoft.Json.dll file appears in the list of files needed to run outside the native CUETools directory, so that other users do not have the same difficulties reported here.

Thank you one more time. I always try to find solutions before I bother you.  :-[

Reply #11
Finally, I would just like to take care to suggest that someone report to the person responsible for maintaining the information on this page so that the necessary Newtonsoft.Json.dll file appears in the list of files needed to run outside the native CUETools directory, so that other users do not have the same difficulties reported here.
Page updated.
korth

Reply #12
I mentioned the need of the additional dll in another thread lately.
I didn't touch flacCL in a while and want to report how lousy the speed is here together with a RX 6600 XT.
Maybe this is a Radeon thing only?
The latest IRLS beta offer from our member ktf is around double as fast single threaded against flacCL and even compresses better at -8 on a Ryzen 5000.
Official flac's overhaul a few years back makes this CL version pretty obsolete in these days of multi cores imho.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #13
Might be Radeon? I have an i3-4310T and a mobo with an onboard Intel 4400, neither are much juice by today's standards; the following are at -8, where they compress a couple of GB of PCM per minute;

1.3.1 is faster than flaccl is faster than IRLS beta is slowest - flaccl is closer to 1.3.1 (i.e. better than average between the two)
IRLS beta has smallest files, flaccl a tad larger, 1.3.1 even larger larger - again, flaccl is better than the average between the two.