Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 1.5 beta 1 properties bug (Read 24182 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 1.5 beta 1 properties bug

Reply #25
The crash is fixed. The gridlines are now too heavy on a dark color scheme (on the main interface in Selection Properties). The UI is too busy with horizonal lines, including the group headings, and kinda old-school looking. The background of a selected row does not get shaded anymore, and the text disappears on some combinations of colors. On WinSeven, happens with Faded, Vintage (white gets a system-blue selection), and on WinXP happens with White as well. With Black, and Dark Grey the selection is not visible. All that was need was to make the shaded rows slightly more contrasted.

http://i.imgur.com/Jekqit4.png

Reply #26
Noted, beta 4 will be out soon.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #27
Post a screenshot please so I can get a better idea what it looks like for you.
Sorry, missed your reply...

What I mean is this - flat Windows 10 style, no separators, everything blends in, which makes it harder to distinguish fields with just one look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Smth like this would have been much better, IMHO (note the separators):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #28
^ That looks nice. Agreed with above suggestions. I greatly prefer alternate row colors to grid lines. Just looks a lot cleaner, aside from matching the playlist.

Reply #29
Beta 4 posted. Selection drawing regression has been fixed, column delimiters have been added as suggested.

Reply #30
Thanks! I would say that horizontal delimiter for table header would improve readability as well, but I'll live with the current UI =)

Reply #31
Thank you very much, Peter :D

Reply #32
In v1.5 beta 4, there is no horizontal scrollbar at properties window metadata and details tab (works on v1.4.6).
Also on artwork tab there is an empty tab or separator.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #33
A small graphical glitch on Windows 7:

It looked OK on previous versions:

Probably, it makes sense to move content of a tab a bit higher, like in the main window, just to hide this corner.

Reply #34
In v1.5 beta 4, there is no horizontal scrollbar at properties window metadata and details tab (works on v1.4.6).
Also on artwork tab there is an empty tab or separator.

And now, ironically in beta 5, for some reason the Properties dialog's Details tab is far far wider than the widest field, meaning there's a horizontal scrollbar for no reason.

Reply #35
And now, ironically in beta 5, for some reason the Properties dialog's Details tab is far far wider than the widest field, meaning there's a horizontal scrollbar for no reason.

This does not happen to me, on my portable install of beta 5:

Reply #36
Ah, it only seems to happen if you resize the window vertically such that the vertical scrollbar appears.

Reply #37
Reproduced and fixed truncated fields (per TuNk77's screenshots), fix will be out with beta 6 tomorrow.

Can't seem to trigger too wide Details columns.

Reply #39
Bug reproduced, thanks for the video, fixing.

.... fixed, beta 6 posted.

Reply #40
I don't know if it's a bug or feature, but when editing metadata for multiple files, the properties windows scrollbar automatically scrolls to the right.
Just select a few tracks, let's say an album, click a field or press F2, then it scrolls to the right.

Reply #41
In previous versions the column size in Metadata and Details tab was adjusted to the Properties Dialog window size. Longer fields were truncated (indicated by ellipsis). By mouse-over a tooltip was displayed with more information (but also truncated for very long fields).
Since beta 6 the column size in Metadata and Details tab is always adjusted to the longer tooltip, resulting in horizontal scrollbars. This change also leads to the effect described by TuNk77.
I liked the previous behavior much more.

Reply #43
When editing values, the Item column on the Individual Values tab does not stay sized if you manually resize it. See the attachment.

No matter how wide you make the Item column, next time you open that Edit Value window, it goes back to being tiny again.. which is a pain when the track does not have any tags and just shows filenames.

Reply #44
Another issue in beta 6.

If you open the Properties window and you have a horizontal scroll bar, if you double click in one of the fields to edit it, the window scrolls over such that only the Value column is visible. This means you can't see the name of the field you're editing anymore.

Video attached.

Reply #45
Another issue in beta 6.

If you open the Properties window and you have a horizontal scroll bar, if you double click in one of the fields to edit it, the window scrolls over such that only the Value column is visible. This means you can't see the name of the field you're editing anymore.

Video attached.

Also fixed in beta 7, woohoo!

Reply #46
When selecting some tracks with the same embedded cover and some tracks without a cover, the cover will be displayed in Artwork tab of Properties Dialogue. But because not all tracks have the cover embedded, "N/A; multiple items" would be the correct info.

Reply #47
Thank you for the removal of "nulling current selection info". Task switching or just opening dialogs inside the application has become a smooth experience!

Reply #48
I want to ask: if option "Always preload complete info for N tracks" is gone in 1.5, what is default behavior now?

Reply #49
(There is still a typo under Preferences > Advanced > Display > Album List > "Seach box delay")