Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC + LAME 3.89.4: cannot pass more than one tag field, yet 3.97 works (Read 2514 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC + LAME 3.89.4: cannot pass more than one tag field, yet 3.97 works

Spent most of Sunday setting up EAC and Lame to rip and save 320 kps MP3 files with full tags. It was mainly the tagging that was the issue. I've used EAC for years. I'm a techie. Should be easy, right? Not so.

I quickly got past the changes in the format for parameter passing. Small stumbling block but could not get more than just an album name passed to Lame. It worked with no tag options. It worked once with one tag passed. All other efforts produced just a WAV file without the command line window popping up. EAC reported no errors.

The solution was to look through my archive of old downloads and use an older version of Lame to do the compression.

Does not work as User Defined with with EAC 1.0 Beta 3 & Lame 3.98.4 but works with Lame 3.97

-h -b 320 --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --tt "%title%" --ta "%artist%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tc "test" --tn "%tracknr%" --tg "%genre%" %source% %dest%

Is this old news?

Is there a bug with Lame 3.98.4 or was I doing something wrong?

LeonD

Reply #1
Why not save yourself a lot of trouble and let EAC add the tags to your files?

Reply #2
@Leon
Out of curiosity I've installed EAC and tested your command line. It works with 3.98.4 and 3.99b1 here.
When you press the test encoder button, do you get any output from LAME? If LAME doesn't even run, then it's likely that you need some Microsoft runtime DLL.