Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC+wack+foobar (Read 2567 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC+wack+foobar

Hello
I'm new to this forum. It seems to be the place to ask this question.
Excuse me if this has been discussed in an earlier thread.

I have experimented with EAC + Wack, to rip my CD's into both FLAC and MP3.
Following the quickstart guide from the Wack homepage. It seems to be working okay. At least it makes the FLAC image file, the cue file, and all the mp3 files.
But when i want to open the cue file (for flac image) in foobar, it can't read it properly. Foobar adds all the tracks, but they are all called the same (Artist - AlbumTitle) and this is in the "Title" column in foobar. And they can't be played either. I get an error:
ERROR (foo_input_std) : referenced file doesn't exist
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://E:\FLACtest\flac\Tiesto\In My Memory\Tiesto - In My Memory.cue" (1)

I hope some one can point me in the rght direction.

More generally if you have some good advice it would be apreciated.
My goal is to rip all my CD's to FLAC images, for playback on the PC, and mp3's for playback on portable players.
Then it would be nice if I could just rip to FLAC at first, and then make the mp3's from the FLAC images when I need them.

Martin

EAC+wack+foobar

Reply #1
I'm not sure if WACK suffers from the same fate, but this is most likely down to a known issue with EAC.

It is likely that you FLAC file is called "<name>.flac.flac", while the cuesheet is looking for "<name>.flac".

Rename the file to "<name>.flac" and try again.

If you just want to rip to FLAC and encode to MP3 later then I would suggest just calling FLAC.EXE from EAC (Check the wiki) and then either using foobar  (GUI) or ACDIR (command line) to transcode to track MP3s.
I'm on a horse.