Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cuetools works fine and then gives this error:flac.exe has exited prematurely (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

Cuetools works fine and then gives this error:flac.exe has exited prematurely

I was splitting Cue sheets like there was no tomorrow. I had done like 200 in a row and then suddenly CUETools stopped working and gives me this error: "flac.exe has exited prematurely with code 1: De pipe is beëindigd."
I did not change the settings after my initial set up. It worked for days and hundreds of cue sheets. And then it stopped working :'(

I tried: Checking settings, check to see if was a faulty cue sheet, delete and unpack new version of CUETools, wipe it all and download new version,...
CUETools seems to remember the settings somehow. How do I completely get rid of this?
And what caused this issue?

Version:2.2.5

Re: Cuetools works fine and then gives this error:flac.exe has exited prematurely

Reply #1
Added screenshots of settings

Re: Cuetools works fine and then gives this error:flac.exe has exited prematurely

Reply #2
So you're saying this error occurs with EVERY cue now?
Or you just can't get past the ONE that gives the error?

'code 1' is common for wrong command-line parameters (though can occur on other errors including a corrupt file)
With CUETools closed, you could try deleting (or renaming so you have a backup) the settings folder found at %appdata%\CUE Tools\ (or if running portable; the \CUE Tools\ subdirectory within the program directory) if perhaps corrupted by a bad shutdown. A new directory will be created the next time you start the program.

You could try the libFLAC encoder (which is the built-in version of flac 1.4.3)
korth

Reply #3
It happens with all the files.

I switched to libFlac but then got: FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_CLIENT_ERROR.

I'll try the delete settings suggestion and come back.

Reply #4
Could you find out in the meantime, what had happened?