Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: So I have a .cue file and a .ape of an entire cd (Read 37675 times) previous topic - next topic

So I have a .cue file and a .ape of an entire cd

Reply #25
Eh, no I'm developed it as far as this by now:
Code: [Select]
@echo off
echo from single ape-file with cuesheet to multiple mp3's
SET /p cuesheet=please input cuesheet name - with extension(s):
lameAPE --apeinput --alt-preset standard CUESHEET "C:\Albumrip\%cuesheet%" "C:\MP3Out\$p - $T - $n - $t.mp3" --naming-rule --tag --same-folder
echo all done!
pause
exit

Which leaves me with copy&paste of cuesheet name.......
But your suggestion looks far much more intelligent.    But I'm almost falling into bed now so I'll have to look at it later when my brain starts (half) working again. I'll probably edit that (my first HA posting) accordingly when I have found the batchfile I like the best.....

Thanks!
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #26
Looks nice  here's another thing i like to do:

if you do
pause > nul

instead of just pause, you won't get the "press any key to continue"
So you can make your own message, e.g.
echo All done. Press a key...
pause > nul
; script finished

Reply #27
Here's a new one:

@echo off
title ape+cue=mp3
echo From single ape-file with cuesheet to multiple mp3's.
echo.
SET /p cuevar=Please input cuesheet name - with full path and extension(s):
echo.
SET /p outvar=Please input full path to output directory:
echo.
if not exist "%outvar%" mkdir "%outvar%"
lameAPE --apeinput --alt-preset standard CUESHEET "%cuevar%" "%outvar%\$p - $T - $n - $t.mp3" --naming-rule --tag --same-folder
echo.
echo.
echo All done!
echo Press a key to exit.
pause > nul
exit

I basically wanted something that can be invoked by doubleclicking the batch-file. Invoking it from commandline with arguments are too troublesome and/or foreign for some people.
In this version full paths for cuesheet and output directories must be entered at promt. This is good if these keep changing. If you use same source and destination directories each time you can just revert to the way it was done in my last version (2 posts above).

To repeat: This needs LAME 3.90.3 Modified and with APE & Cuesheet support and MACDll.dll (use the latest version for full 3.99u4 support). Rename lame.exe to lameAPE.exe and drop lameAPE.exe and MACDll.dll into %PATH% (e.g. system32). Then make a file "ape+cue=mp3.bat" with Notepad or Vim or whatever containing the above text.

Thanks for help, WarBird!
Cheers! 

EDIT:
Note: As this version of lame are a ICL4.5 compile, it's possible it needs Intels libmmd.dll in %PATH%.
It's also possible that the new MACDll will need Microsofts unicows.dll in %PATH% on 95/98/Me systems.

EDIT 2:
It just came to my attention that the syntax SET /P variable=[promptString] are only available on Win2k and up. So this batchfile will not run on earlier versions of WinOS. So if you are using e.g. Win98 adapt one of the earlier versions or even better: Just do as WarBird suggested 3 posts up.
(I also think that the purely cosmetic TITLE option are useless on earlier WinOS than Win2k.)

9x version:
@echo off
echo From single ape-file with cuesheet to multiple mp3's.
echo.
lameAPE --apeinput --alt-preset standard CUESHEET "%1" "%2\$p - $T - $n - $t.mp3" --naming-rule --tag --same-folder
echo.
echo.
echo All done!
Then:
and on the commandline, use
C:\> ape+cue=mp3.bat %cuefile% %targetdir%

Reply #28
I think this is easier by using foobar. Install it with the commandline encoder plugin, specificy path to lame exe in the diskwriter options. Add files to playlist. Mark them, rightclick>convert>run conversion. Select lame...wait...

Done.

Reply #29
I think this is easier by using foobar. Install it with the commandline encoder plugin, specificy path to lame exe in the diskwriter options. Add files to playlist. Mark them, rightclick>convert>run conversion. Select lame...wait...

Done.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=237145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agreed. But at the time this batchfile was initialized I hadn't really started using foobar2000 yet, and now that this thread was resurrected from the dead I just made a few small improvements. I myself use foobar2000 almost exclusively for all kinds of tasks these days (also I hardly make mp3's anymore, I don't own a portable so there's no reason not to use musepack)...... But  that said: I think it's nice to have a non-GUI solution that can perform this task too, simply to have at least one alternative method for those, if any, that for some reason or another would want that. And it's really not difficult to use: Doubleclick batchfile, copy & paste in cusheet and outputdirs name/path, hit enter, and soon that single ape + cue are transformed into individual mp3's.....

EDIT: Typo