Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "tag.exe" (Read 4777 times) previous topic - next topic

"tag.exe"

is tag.exe's dev cycle dead?
who can i contact for questions/suggestions, the address for a guy named case in the readme is no good ...
i know that icould post questions here, but i have some that i feel only a hardcore dev (program author) might know the answers to or know workarounds.

thanks for the feedback

"tag.exe"

Reply #1
case has "lost interest" in theese kinda things...
...probably he found out there is some kind of real life, who knows....

anyway, you are not the only one missing him!

"tag.exe"

Reply #2
did he open the source?

"tag.exe"

Reply #5
did he open the source?

yes:
http://www.rarewares.org/others.html

As far as I know, the source was available long before it was available at RareWares.

yes, it was always available but since Case took down his site it is only hosted at RW now AFAIK.

"tag.exe"

Reply #7
@Jan S: Um, yes, I should have quoted dr.zick's question, not your answer.. Silly me.

Could someone build Tag for x86 Linux please..? Buildscripts for Linux would be nice too.

"tag.exe"

Reply #8
Could someone build Tag for x86 Linux please..? Buildscripts for Linux would be nice too.

I guess the source code will first need to be ported, because there appear to be several  Win32-specific functions used in it.

I don't know how much work that would be, I only had a very quick glance at the code.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

"tag.exe"

Reply #9
I guess the source code will first need to be ported, because there appear to be several  Win32-specific functions used in it.

I don't know how much work that would be, I only had a very quick glance at the code.

Oh.. I would have never guessed. Thanks for looking into it.

Here's a question to all the Linux gurus. Would linking to libwine help in porting it to Linux?

edit: to x86 Linux, that is.

"tag.exe"

Reply #10
ok ... i took a look at the source.

now i'm not really a dev, but i thought it might be easier to work with since it's console based ... i was somewhat wrong.

i wanted to see if it was still in development because i think there's a crutial feature missing.  when you make an autoscheme your limmited to only A = artist, L = album, G = genre, etc. ... you know, like id3v1 standard tags ... what if you use a custom tag scheme under vorbis comments or flac tags that support arbitrary tags.  you're kinda hosed.

i wanted to ask case, if he still working on it to allow for something in the config file to create our own place markers for scheme items ... like W = author (writer) field, K = catalog #, etc.

i am possibly going to see if i could work some of these things in.  anyone want to help, maybe at the same time we can port to linux?

reply for involvement ...

"tag.exe"

Reply #11
i also remebered another feature i wanted to add ... array support for fields.  if you add a field like "ARTIST" and it's not there, tag would add it ... if it is there, we should enable an overwrite of current info or an option to add another "ARTIST" field.  basically multiple values ... foobar can get at that with $meta(artist,1), $meta(artist,2), or even the $meta_sep command which is even more powerful.