Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Command-line tagging utility that supports WMAs (Read 4663 times) previous topic - next topic

Command-line tagging utility that supports WMAs

I'm currently searching for a tag-editing tool, compatible with the simple command line, that can add, edit and/or strip the metadata of existing WMA files.

Alas, case's old Tag utility does not support this format, and neither do several ID3 CLI tools I've come across.

The annoying thing is that it looked like such a tool existed many years ago, according to this random page I found through googling, but that link is long dead and Web Archive can't retrieve it either.

Any suggestions?

Command-line tagging utility that supports WMAs

Reply #1
Over 130 views and not a single suggestion?  :-(

I wonder how difficult it would be to create such a tool - that WMA Encoder from a few months back was trés awesome, I must say.  Proves that people are still willing to support the format one way or another...