Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unwanted tags and track without total tracks (Read 4508 times) previous topic - next topic

Unwanted tags and track without total tracks

These are the arguments I'm using for lame 3.99.5 in fb2k for a V0 mp3

Code: [Select]
--ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tl "%album%" --tn "%tracknumber%" --tg "%genre%" --ty "%date%" -h --id3v2-only --noreplaygain -V 0 - %d

fb2k console output:
Code: [Select]
Command line: "D:\path\to\lame\lame.exe" --ta "Simbiose" --tt "Buried Alive" --tl "Economical Terrorism" --tn "2" --tg "Crust Punk" --ty "2012" -h --id3v2-only --noreplaygain -V 0 - "Simbiose-02-Buried Alive.mp3"

How do I avoid these tags to show up? ENCODERSETTINGS and LENGTH

I also couldn't find how to only add the track without the total tracks.

Thank you for the help.

Reply #1
You probably should not add tagging switches to LAME because foobar2000 will do the tagging for you anyway. I bet LAME is writing some tags, and then foobar2000 is rewriting most of them

How do I avoid these tags to show up? ENCODERSETTINGS and LENGTH
Well, guess what! LAME writes those itself if you have instructed it to write any other ID3 tags, so if you leave the tagging to foobar2000, they should not be added.

I also couldn't find how to only add the track without the total tracks.
http://hydrogenaudio.org/forums/?showtopic=101861

Reply #2
Fortunately lame is open source and I can avoid it adding those 2 tags by commenting some methods in the code and compile my own.

As for track/tracktotal I thought it was an optional thing in fb2k. It's a good thing it is that way.
Thanks again!

Reply #3
Of course, and I thought of suggesting that, but then I assumed it would be simpler to have foobar2000 do the tagging. Is there any particular reason that you prefer to have LAME handle it?

Anyway, glad you’re happy with the available options.

Reply #4
Yes it is simpler to have foobar2000 do the tagging and it's how I usually do. I just like to mess around with tools and see what I can do with them even if it's something small. Like you said I am happy with the options I'm given and I try most of them for fun and knowledge.

Reply #5
I just like to mess around with tools and see what I can do with them even if it's something small. Like you said I am happy with the options I'm given and I try most of them for fun and knowledge.
I like this attitude…and wish it were more common.  I’m similar. I often find it fun to research and/or work out things for myself, so I’m not sure why this approach is so rare comparatively.