Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .Ogg Vorbis aotuv (Read 487012 times) previous topic - next topic

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #475
These types of messages should be done via PM, please read TOS #5 if you have any questions.

That said, my heart goes out to all those affected and to be affected by the catastrophe in Japan.

ok true but i don't find anything wrong showing your sympathy to an individual

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #476
Especially when he's the man singlehandedly responsible for keepin' Vorby competitive with constant updates.

He's not been on since the last post:  Last Seen: 7th March 2011 - 06:48

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #477
He updated his blog (in Japanese) today.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #478
That's very good to hear.  Thanks, Nao.

I wonder how the 3 main competitors (WMA Pro, HE-AAC and Vorbis) fare in the 64-96 kbps range these days.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #479
Hi all.

We shook by an earthquake greatly in the hometown, but I and my relative are safe now.

I intend to release the revision of aoTuV soon.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #480
Good to know! Thanks for all of your hard work.
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #481
Is good to hear from you again Aoyumi
Keep up
We are all with you!!!

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #482
Glad you and you're loved ones are ok.
Thanks for you're dedication in improving vorbis.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #483
Hi Aoyumi.
Glad to hear good news from you! Could you answer please, I want to encode quit big amount of 2ch WAVs. Is an upcoming version has any quality improvements for 2ch music? In other words are any reasons to wait new revision?

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #484
Hi Aoyumi.
Glad to hear good news from you! Could you answer please, I want to encode quit big amount of 2ch WAVs. Is an upcoming version has any quality improvements for 2ch music? In other words are any reasons to wait new revision?

Planned "aoTuV" to release soon is the revision of 5.1 channel coupling.  It isn't different in encoding of 2ch music.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #485
Aoyumi,
Thx for the clarification.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Three Mile Island - 79, Chernobyl - 86, fukushima - 2011. As a citizen of Belarus, the most polluted country in 1986
I have the right to ask, Are the nuclear plants safe?

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #486
I released a fix version of "aoTuV".

It can normally process 5.1ch sources.
Then, the encoding result of 2ch sources doesn't change.

Enjoy

Aoyumi

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #487
Hello Aoyumi,

thank you very much for this!

What means "latest beta version" in red, bold and italic letters?

"The newest" version? Or that the next version will be a final (non-beta) version? Or that there are no new versions intended in the future?

best regards

akapuma

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #488
Thx for aotuv beta 6.03

I have a Question for Aoyumi
It's possible to improve further encoding efficient at all bit rates (-q-2 to -q10)?

1. Similar CABAC, RDO coding with exhaustive model search for higher compression ratio or better audio quality at the same bit rate (-q0)
  • Better sharp transient handling especially at all bit rates (32 – 512kbp/s)
  • Remove low pass filter at -q10
  • Improve monophonic quality
2. Add 24bit wav source for encode true 24bit ogg files (for audiophile listener)
3. Clipping detection
4. Add EBU R128 Loudness scanner (to end the loudness war)

thx for hard work!!

sorry for my poor english

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #489
2. Add 24bit wav source for encode true 24bit ogg files (for audiophile listener)

Wait for Rarewares' build of OggEnc2, it allows 24b input.

"True 24b Vorbis" is something really odd, though. Sound material loses its bit depth upon being encoded by Vorbis (not unlike vector images), and using a lossy codec on such high quality content would also be kind of... defeating its purpose, I guess.

EBU R128 scanner is also something that would be an OggEnc feature, not a part of the actual codec.
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #490
Pardon my ignorance, but how CABAC lossless compression can be applied to Vorbis which uses Huffman compression? ("The entropy coding in a Vorbis I codebook is provided by a standard Huffman binary tree representation", link)

Also, even at -q7 oggenc doesn't apply lowpass filter.

And, whad does "Clipping detection" means?

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #491
What means "latest beta version" in red, bold and italic letters?

"The newest" version? Or that the next version will be a final (non-beta) version? Or that there are no new versions intended in the future?

It means "The newest" version" 

• Better sharp transient handling especially at all bit rates (32 – 512kbp/s)
  • Improve monophonic quality

Yes, you are right.

• Remove low pass filter at -q10

Even other versions are similar.

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #492
Or that the next version will be a final (non-beta) version?

Makes me wonder when Release 2 will ever be. 

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #493
Where I can get oggenc binary?
TodaY I have some free time to play...

P.S. Or please provide me information how to build it.  I am Java developer. I think I am capable to compile C code after some exercises

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #495
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aoyumi+vorbis

Ha! I did it without lack. Sorry I forgot to mention that I need windows binaries.
Compile it on linux platform is quite easy, but at present days I run windows platform.
Indeed I don't think compile it for windows is too complex, but for mitigating wasting of time tutorial is highly appreciable

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #497
That's venc not oggenc. You can usually get windows binaries from http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-oggenc.php, but the latest version there is b6.02, so that's not much help at the moment I'm afraid. john33 get to it !

.Ogg Vorbis aotuv

Reply #498
John 33
are planning to do the compiles for the new version (aoTuVb6.03)?