Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What are acceptable results for Foobar ABX Test? (Read 18289 times) previous topic - next topic

What are acceptable results for Foobar ABX Test?

Reply #50
"Before testing I should have read these:"

....I'm doing it for fun, not to be your lacky.

Boy are you guys snooty.

I assume you can't do the same thing I just did.

Reply #51
plus,

my previous 3 tests were all on LAME 3.96.1 !

320bps Joint Stereo

Booyaa Snooty!

Reply #52
I think you're trolling.
//From the barren lands of the Northsmen

Reply #53
Its a pretty popular topic here, so I don't think its uninteresting.
As for showing off, Yep you got me!! 

I know. But this is not a place to show off. Either post something useful or stop wasting people's time including your own.
If you can hear the problems or not is uninteresting if you are not testing on something where the problems can be addressed.

Whats replaygain and what does it do, how do you use it?

I didn't know this forum here was motivated so much by people wanting to develop the code.  Thats cool.

So tell me about that replay gain thing.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=294366"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This forum is freqented by the people that make LAME. Therefore it is useful to identify sample where LAME does not behave as expected.

Replaygain makes sure that the samples are qually loud. So that what you are hearing is not a difference in loudness but artifacts.
It can be enabled in ABX preferences in foobar.

Reply #54
Foobar Preferences - abx -  replaygain on, any EQ or DSP should be switched off.

Reply #55
On the contrary, I'm not wasting my own time at all, I've definately improved my hearing's attention to detail in this process.  And I've pointed out that many sorehead's could use more attention to detail in their own.  So if the reader is smart, their time is not wasted too.

Of course it sucks when you do those 4 tests like I did (which is a rare thing if I believe the writings of this very board), and basically get a few people trying to play it down quite a lot.

Thats why I keep reinstating....They are trying to play it down because they can't do it themselves.

Anyway, I gotta go, cause I gotta go do some abxing of wav vs. 112 vbr on my ipod!  Yeah, maybe one of these days, I'll get it!

Reply #56
In the light of the last reply I propose we change the forum logo to: