Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 (Read 8179 times) previous topic - next topic

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

First, I dunno where to post this, so i'm posting it in the forum of my format of choice

OK, here's my dilemma:

I need to run a lot of audio files through a DirectX Plugin chain (in order to make them sound better on my portable with headphones). I've tweaked the plugin chain to sound great, but i have no way to apply it in batches!!!! The only way I currently know how to do this is use winamp and adaptx (a winamp plugin to directx adapter which supports plugin chains) and use the .wav disk writer. This would be great, except the quality is questionable AND the disk writer trims like a few frames off the beginning and end of each file - ouch.

The second way I could do it would b to use Cool Edit.  I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and it has a batch processing scripting function.  In ver. 1, you could not use DirectX plugins in your script, but in ver. 2 it appears you can.  Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work.  I record the script and the plugin processes the waveform fine when I record, but when i rerun the actual script, it does not use the settings I specified in the DirectX plugin. Hmm...

Does anyone know either how to make the DirectX plugin scripting work in Cool Edit Pro 2.0 OR a way to run a batch of audio files through a DirectX audio plugin chain???

I'm using Waves 10 band parametric EQ, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Waves Maxx Bass, and Waves L2 Ultramaximizer. I even tried setting a preset in Cool Edit Pro 2.0 for the plugins (open up a DirectX plugin window and you'll see what I mean).

Any help would b GREATLY appreciated. - sorry for the long post...

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #1
I am running Cool Edit Pro 2.0 with Waves Gold (Direct X Plugins) too.  I will see if I can accomplish what you are trying.  If I can I will let you know.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #2
k thanks

i figured out that winamp only drops frames with the disk writer WHEN you're writing from a compressed format (mp3, mpc, etc.) to .wav.  If you go from .wav to .wav, then it only drops like 2 ms. i'd still rather do it in cooledit tho

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #3
Interesting.  I have the same problem as you.  Guess you are outa luck until they fix the problem.  I'd suggest emailing cool edit support, like I'ma about to do, and letting them know about the problem.  I'm sure they have been told already, but the more people that request a change, the more likely it will get fixed or added sooner.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #4
Go to SonicFoundry.com

There under downloads is a batch processor for download

There is one for use with SoundForge and on for stand alone use. 

BTW, where did you get the BBE sonic maximizer.  I'm looking for it for good price.  I'm a broke recent college grad.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #5
Originally posted by dreamliner77
BTW, where did you get the BBE sonic maximizer.  I'm looking for it for good price.  I'm a broke recent college grad.

http://store.yahoo.com/cakewalkdirect/bbe.html

Not awfully cheap, but not expensive either if you take in consideration that it's a professional tool.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #6
all that i can find on sonicfoundry.com is a demo for their batch converter, which they claim can chain directx plugins.  unfortunately, the downloadable demo does not include that feature, so i can't test it. any other ideas?

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #7
Originally posted by MisterT
any other ideas?

upgrade to wavelab
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #8
ahh yes... thanks everyone for all the suggestions. i have found the solution - it is indeed wavelab. wavelab 4.0 has an excellent batch processor.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Reply #9
hmmm, the batch converter worked fine for me
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'