Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: When you listen to F2K you cut frequencies below 40 hz? (Read 656 times) previous topic - next topic

When you listen to F2K you cut frequencies below 40 hz?

I find this useful to cut frequencies below 40 hz, it create less distortion while i listen to F2k.
What foobar users think about?

Re: When you listen to F2K you cut frequencies below 40 hz?

Reply #1
This has nothing to do with f2k - it's probably related to your speakers and room. If it helps, by all means go for it.

Re: When you listen to F2K you cut frequencies below 40 hz?

Reply #2
It'll free up some headroom so you are less likely to overdrive any later stages in the chain, but I don't think people with full range monitoring would be wise to do it, why deliberately chop off the bottom octave? I have Trap tracks where the bass line drops to the 30-40Hz region occasionally. :) I don't think my mastering clients would appreciate a HPF that high either, if I use one it's usually around 18-24Hz. But yes, if it sounds better to you, then do it!