Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Http Reader Fails To Load Multiple Streams (Read 2196 times) previous topic - next topic

Http Reader Fails To Load Multiple Streams

I use foobar2000 a lot these days to listen to streaming audio.  But I've detected an occasional failure of foobar2K to properly load a station that worked previously.  It happens when an Internet radio station chains two streams together: the first stream being some promotional blurb, and the 2nd stream the actual live audio. 

For example, try loading up http://wnycam.streamguys.com (WNYC AM New York Public Radio stream)

Currently, they have a seasonal pledge drive promotion as the first stream.  The 2nd stream is the actual station.  Loading up this station in Winamp properly loads both streams, one after the other.  However, foobar2K will stop streaming after the promotional blurb and go to the next playlist item.

Can anyone else verify this?

Reply #1
I believe I can. Having trouble listening to
wowradio
often and again.. Pissing me off, literally.

Reply #2
This is the result of station owners not being aware of how stupid ShoutCast is. Typically, it involves the blurb file still having both ID3v1 and v2 tags, and the MP3 input in 0.8.3 and prior versions does not skip over the tag when it cannot seek forward. This problem may be fixed in 0.9, but I don't feel like asking Peter if it is only to be told that I was told so months ago, which I probably was. My memory is shot, the problem does not affect me, so feel free to test for yourself and post your results if you're feeling generous.