Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multitrack work with small USB Audio cards (Transit or UA-1EX) (Read 1407 times) previous topic - next topic

Multitrack work with small USB Audio cards (Transit or UA-1EX)

I have a laptop that's very audio-fit (Sonica), which I'm using w/ an Edirol FA-101 and/or a M-Audio Ozone and Cubase SX3. The audio track count is pretty good, I can run a fair amount of Vst instruments as well.

When I take the laptop to review recorded work, and maybe add the occasional audio recording (single tracks), will a small external card like the M-Audio transit or Edirol UA-1ex allow me to play all recorded audio tracks and VSTi through the stereo out bus without problems? and can I expect to record single audio tracks (I know the I/O on these interfaces is modest, I'd be preamping the signal beforehand) without great latency or crackle? in other words, is the limitation of these cards just in the in/out config, or do they perform much more poorly than the bigger interfaces (FA 101, Ozone) track-count and latency-wise?

Thanks
Delgado