Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "\" tags problem (Read 2304 times) previous topic - next topic

"\" tags problem

In some of my ID3 tags i can use a "\" splitter in genere field (under Properties), but not always, in some files i can't.

What worng??

"\" tags problem

Reply #2
I think this will help
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=44782&hl=

Reading the suggested thread unfortunately gave me no clue.
Seem to be a bug imho.

Most of the times, if one enters Artist1\Artist2\Artist3 the browser window will then show Artist1, Artist2, Artist3 and Library | Album List \ View by artist will confirm that three different values have been entered into the library.

Sometimes, it doesn't work: browser will show Artist1\Artist2\Artist3, thus indicating that fb2k ignored the "\" separators and took them as a normal character within a string; an artist named "Artist1\Artist2\Artist3" results.

When or why one or the other behavior takes place I'm unable to tell.
In my case, only a few files show the irregular behavior; to circumvent the problem it is necessary to create more than one Artist tag, each containg one of the desired values.