Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 5.5.10.0 (Read 20293 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 5.5.10.0

Although not posted on the website yet, here is the install:

ftp://ftp.nero.com/nero55100.exe

With MPEG-4 AAC support
Limited to 50 encodings and 30 days of decoding.

Other changes I don't really know, just wait for the changelog to appear on the site.

Have fun.

Menno

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #1
Ok, rules for highest quality encoding:

1. Go to "preferences / plug-in look up / defConvertor" and set resampling to SINC , quality 100 for other purposes (combo box that allows selection between "playback" and "other purposes"  - this will enable highest quality resampling available in NERO

2. Switch to "high" encoding quality for MPEG-4 AAC plug-in  Default is "medium" which is also good quality,  and 30-40% faster - but with small degradations

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #2
I shall download it and i shall check it out. Congratulations, finally out .

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #3
Decoder is, of course, able to read QT6, FhG MP4 and all other MPEG-4 compatible AAC audio files that  are  more-or-less compatible with the MPEG-4 specs

You can also open .mp4 files in WaveEditor,  play them with NeroMix - and directly burn them to CD as WAV files, or export them (during encoding) to  MPEG-2 ADTS files for Expanium and similar devices.

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #4
Maaan, encoding speed is finally reasonable. 

Which 'AAC profile' should I use for 128kbps cbr?

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #5
Ouch, are you sure you want to use 128kbps CBR AAC?.. Or just for testing (me don't know, ivan has answer )
edit: I say that because it's known the for best results you should use VBR.

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #6
Use LC always - because compatibility with future hardware and I suppose no LTP decoders will be supported in near future.

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #7
thanks for the heads up on this

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #8
I've tried LTP, but IN_MP4 plug-in reports 'MPEG-4 AAC LC'. What I'm doing wrong?

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #9
K, thx.
I say that because it's known the for best results you should use VBR.

Ya, you're right, i'll check the lower vbr profiles.  I need the bitrates to be close to 128kbps.

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #10
I have another problem using CBR modes. If I choose for example 320 kbps, in_mp4 and Nero AAC decoder reports 262 kbps, and this happens with all bitrates (64 kbps and decoder reports 56 kbps).

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #11
1. Go to "preferences / plug-in look up / defConvertor" and set resampling to SINC , quality 100 for other purposes (combo box that allows selection between "playback" and "other purposes"  - this will enable highest quality resampling available in NERO

I must be blind because I can't find anything that is named "defConvertor"...

Edit: Aha, found it... "Converters" was the name... Guess I'm blind...

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #12
is there someway to disable nero to do on-the-fly encoding ? i really hate all the seeking my cd-drive is making.

also
will there ever be a command encoder again that can be used with alternative rippers ?
Sven Bent - Denmark

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #13
VBR Normal HI ADTS plays perfectly in my eXpanium EXP-301. No artefacts noticed yet, it's late and this short testing session ends here. If we can't have a command-line encoder, will it be possible to batch-convert files in later versions?

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #14
is there someway to disable nero to do on-the-fly encoding ? i really hate all the seeking my cd-drive is making.

also
will there ever be a command encoder again that can be used with alternative rippers ?

"Extras/File encoding...", perhaps?

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #15
also

Well.. this is something that needs to be discussed with executive management

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #16
Hey Ivan, I'm ripping a DVD movie and I would like to convert the ac-3 audio to AAC, what is the quality setting do you think I should use?

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #17
I've just tested it with some problems:

1. The *.mp4 file created by Nero using Normal preset and Low Complexity was unplayable in winamp (using the in_faad.dll which comes with Pystel encoder).

2. The encoder doesn't seem to have an option to output as *.aac, which is the only extension my Expanium will accept.

3. The decoder doesn't accept *.aac files created by Pystel.

On the plus side however, the encoder is twice as fast as Pystel 2.15 (on the same track using -normal VBR preset, with high quality in Nero); this makes it much faster than Vorbis or lame VBR (but still miles slower than musepack).

Also, the decoder doesn't seem any slower than the mp3 decoder in Nero (I get 9% CPU usage for both when burning at 12 speed) which means I can burn audio CDs at 48x on the fly:)

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #18
You can solve all your problems using MPEG4IP tools. (You have to extract the AAC track from the MP4 file/Put the AAC track in a MP4 file).

For the first, you can also use the updated in_mp4.dll that uses FAAD2 decoder.

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #19
What a long strange trip it's been!

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #20
I'd tried the MP4 plugin. The quality is good till "Radio VBR quality". The "Tape" quality is not acceptable as the human voice has been changed and I hear flanging/ringing effects.

Edit: The CBRs, although qualities are lower, it's less artifacts being detected. Overall the plugin is really a great great job. I wonder whether it's possible to put SBR technology in it for the next release of the plugin?

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #21
Although not posted on the website yet, here is the install:

ftp://ftp.nero.com/nero55100.exe

With MPEG-4 AAC support

Halleluja!
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #22
also will there ever be a command encoder again that can be used with alternative rippers ?

Well.. this is something that needs to be discussed with executive management

Kyrie eleison!
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #23
1. The *.mp4 file created by Nero using Normal preset and Low Complexity was unplayable in winamp (using the in_faad.dll which comes with Pystel encoder).

Try the latest in_mp4 plug-in,  or export files as .AACs (see the next answer)

MP4 files generated are accepted with in_mp4, Envivio plug-in (RealOne, WindowsMedia, QT5), QuickTime6, etc, etc..

2. The encoder doesn't seem to have an option to output as *.aac, which is the only extension my Expanium will accept.

It has - take a look "export to ISO 13818-7 AAC file" - I have Expanium and these files work perfectly with it

3. The decoder doesn't accept *.aac files created by Pystel.

That is, unfortunately, true

Nero 5.5.10.0

Reply #24
I'd tried the MP4 plugin. The quality is good till "Radio VBR quality". The "Tape" quality is not acceptable as the human voice has been changed and I hear flanging/ringing effects.

Right, you have to use resampling with the lower quality presets of PsyTEL/Nero. The difference between them is that Nero now uses resampling outside of the codec, if I understood Ivan correctly. So have a look around in the app where you can find an option that lets you resample the WAV before/while encoding. A sample rate of 32 kHz is a good start, maybe even 24 kHz would work now (PsyTEL crashes with this frequency) together with the -tape preset, although its cutoff is probably still at 13 kHz, so Mr. Nyquist would have to raise his finger again. 

Edit: The CBRs, although qualities are lower, it's less artifacts being detected. Overall the plugin is really a great great job. I wonder whether it's possible to put SBR technology in it for the next release of the plugin?

The low bitrates (CBR) have been fixed by Ivan, maybe he should look again at -tape and -radio (both VBR).  And aacPlus, well you know...
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen