Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_pod - Foobar2000 meets the iPod (Read 1308773 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_pod - Foobar2000 meets the iPod

Reply #2051
i don't know but i get this error   

Version info:
foobar2000 v0.8.3
UNICODE[/code]

I was having a similar problem with new generation 2gb nano. It started with the latest itunes update. Solution: Disable the ipodservice.exe from Services and select Don't use iPod Service from foo_pod config. Works fine now.

Reply #2052

Version info:
foobar2000 v0.8.3
UNICODE[/code]

I was having a similar problem with new generation 2gb nano. It started with the latest itunes update. Solution: Disable the ipodservice.exe from Services and select Don't use iPod Service from foo_pod config. Works fine now.

thanks! mate it works!

Reply #2053

Version info:
foobar2000 v0.8.3
UNICODE[/code]

which setting are the best to use ipod nano & this AWESOME plugins?

use ipod
like a disk
use it manually

right?

Reply #2054
hi
i have a problem
i can send music
but i can't see covers & lyrics , could i upload them too

Reply #2055
hi
i have a problem
i can send music
but i can't see covers & lyrics , could i upload them too

The album artwork didn't work for me from the beginning with foo_pod.  At least I managed get rid of the iTunes when using this foo_pod.

Reply #2056

and in case this doesn't work -> Install older iTunes 7 Version and don't update.
It works with the older iTunes version.

Reply #2057

and in case this doesn't work -> Install older iTunes 7 Version and don't update.

does it work with itunes 6?

Reply #2058

wich version do u use?

Reply #2059
I'm also having troubles with iTunes, the wife's "new" nano, my old clickwheel, and  foo_pod. 

I can get foopod to connect to the ipod, operate as expected and transfer music by disabling ipod services before starting (otherwise, crash).  However,  when transferring files using foo_pod the database appears to get mugged.  On the nano everything disappears from the music directory when viewed from iTunes, but the ipod shows and plays these files fine.  My oldschool click-wheel doesn't exhibit this particular behavior.   

By "rebuilding database" and "finding skipped files" everything appears in the ipod "music" list, but some of the recently transfered from itunes get's skipped during playback.  The fix for this is transferring a file and forcing itunes to "Determine gapless playback information" which can be long and time consuming. 

For reference, I'm running the latest foo_pod, iTunes 7.0.2.16.

Everything works in a way, but I'd love to know if I missed something.

Reply #2060
Hi mate

can I sync a playlist without delete the others songs?

and i did not find how smart playlist does work

i can't rename this smart view?
foo_pod makes me many smart view playlist with the same name

Reply #2061
Hi, as you can see from my number of posts I'm a newb. 

I got a 30gig video Ipod as a present but hate itunes, so I installed foo_pod last night.  I've copied all my music directly over to the ipod in a file tree format like on my computer, then connected the ipod and ran rebuild database.  When I boot up the apple firmware I can see the titles to songs/albums/artists, etc. but the songs are just skipped over instead of being played.  So I ran the fix skipped songs option, but that does nothing to help. 

So am I doing something wrong, or does foo_pod not work with the 5g/5.5g ipods?  I'm also running rockbox, which is why I want to keep the files in a tree format.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Reply #2062
Hi, as you can see from my number of posts I'm a newb. 

I got a 30gig video Ipod as a present but hate itunes, so I installed foo_pod last night.  I've copied all my music directly over to the ipod in a file tree format like on my computer, then connected the ipod and ran rebuild database.  When I boot up the apple firmware I can see the titles to songs/albums/artists, etc. but the songs are just skipped over instead of being played.  So I ran the fix skipped songs option, but that does nothing to help. 

So am I doing something wrong, or does foo_pod not work with the 5g/5.5g ipods?  I'm also running rockbox, which is why I want to keep the files in a tree format.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Have you tried adding a song in itunes?  When I did this, it had to "Determine gapless playback information", then everything was copacetic.

Reply #2063
When you say "adding a song in itunes" what do you mean exactly?  Do you mean adding it from itunes to the ipod directly?  Cause my original intention in using foo_pod was to have my files preserved in a tree format and not having to use itunes.  Thanks for your reply.

Reply #2064
When you say "adding a song in itunes" what do you mean exactly?  Do you mean adding it from itunes to the ipod directly?  Cause my original intention in using foo_pod was to have my files preserved in a tree format and not having to use itunes.  Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, just a song, any song, added from itunes to your ipods causes it to do the "magic" of fixing the files as long as you've done the "rebuild database" as well.  I've downloaded a few tunes from iTunes, and that seems to be the way to get it to work.  Be warned, you will loose all playlists.

Reply #2065
Maybe I screwed up the order of the steps.  This is what happened to me so far:

I had all of my music loaded on the ipod.  I loaded them into a folder I labled "music", so when I plug in the ipod to my computer I see it as the F drive, my music would be located at F:\music.  I did this because I mainly use rockbox, but I'd like to be able to use the apple firmware if I want to.  So, I downloaded foo_pod, and I tried using the "rebuild database" function.  When I did this it looked as if it was processing all the songs, but when I boot back up into the apple firmware I can see the artists and songs, but when I select a song it looks like it's gonna play, but then it just skips it.  So I tried to add a song via itunes like what was suggested, which subsequently erased all of my existing files.  So I tried adding a few more song like I first did, and use the rebuild database again, but I have the same thing happen where the songs are skipped.  Any suggestions? 

Also LastResort, which model ipod are you using?

Reply #2066
I'm using a 4G iPod, and a 2G nano.  Perhaps I missed a step.  I do know that I just added them to the Ipods, not copied them over in a directory.  Maybe that was it.  I also can't quite remember all that I did, but I used most of the repair tools.  maybe I screwed up the order.

Reply #2067
Thought you might like to know, seems like the newest iTunes breaks foo_pod. I installed iTunes today and foobar wouldn't boot. Removing the foo_pod dlls allowed for foobar to boot, however.

Reply #2068
foo_pod newb here.  i just hooked up and i am wondering if there is development that will automatically re-encode my ogg-vorbis and mpc files to mp3 when i click "send to ipod" instead of telling me that they are not of the correct format.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #2069
Preferences - iPod manager
In Conversion Command box enter:
Code: [Select]
"path_to_your_encoder" -S --noreplaygain -V 5 --vbr-new - %d

You may want to play with switches though.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

Reply #2070
foo_pod newb here.  i just hooked up and i am wondering if there is development that will automatically re-encode my ogg-vorbis and mpc files to mp3 when i click "send to ipod" instead of telling me that they are not of the correct format.

Thanks in advance.

I'm curious, have you found other programs that will do this transcoding for you?  Given that foo_pod is dead, I'm looking for alternatives.

Reply #2071

Thanks in advance.

I'm curious, have you found other programs that will do this transcoding for you?  Given that foo_pod is dead, I'm looking for alternatives.

I said I was running foo_pod, but it IS foo_dop.  I just don't know what I am talking about.  Slotos' instructions worked beautifully on foo_dop v0.3.8.  I do not know of any other programs that can do this, though.

Reply #2072
hey,
im using rockbox and apple firmware parallel on my ipod. the prob i have is that tracks i load on my ipod without converting em ipod database conform, but just copy my files somewhere on the pod. i can use those tracks with rockbox, but ipodfirmware doesnt recognize em. now i tried rescanning and rebuilding the ipod database, so they get included, but it doesnt work :/ i do remember, foo_pod tried to fix that problem, it just didnt work with 5g so far. I was wondering if there is any solution for that issue, my device is a 5g video 60gb.

thy in advance,

pz

glam

Reply #2073
hi all, just downloaded the plugin and don't know anything about it

So I've got two questions:
is there possibly to have a "albumlist" of the artist on the iPod?
is there possibly to browse ipod libary like "SCPL" instead of using external window?

thx in advance!
// Mikael

EDIT! saw that i've hade foo_dop plugin

Reply #2074
I had this problem that iTunes kept deleting music that I added with foo_pod. I wrote a small blog entry, that I'm reposting here.

Note;
- itunes for podcasts
- foobar for music

################################
Stop itunes from deleting music added with foo_pod

Steps
# Plug in your ipod.
# Start itunes and go to the "devices list".
# You now should have the screen that list your ipod, (name, capacity, software version.) Head down until you find the Options listing.
# Make sure to select "manually manage music and videos".

*The setting should allow you to manage your music with Foobar/foo_pod and itunes should no longer remove all the newly added music when you sync your pod-casts with itunes.