Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mute item on systray right click menu (Read 1492 times) previous topic - next topic

Mute item on systray right click menu

Hi,

Not sure if it's the right forum to post this, so feel free to move it to the appropriate forum if needed.

I've searched and read this forum and some other sites for about two days now and I can't find a proper answer to this question: how can I add a Mute/Unmute item on the systray icon right click menu ?
A simple item or a button or whatever else will do but I'm just looking for the ability to mute and unmute Foobar without the need to open the main interface for the hotkey to work.

I'm using ColumnsUI as my default interface, if that does matter.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks

Reply #1
Set up a Global keyboard shortcut

Reply #2
Thanks but as I said that doesn't work when the main interface is not visible.

I'm just looking for the ability to mute and unmute Foobar without the need to open the main interface for the hotkey to work

Reply #3
global shortcuts do not require the foobar window to have focus. try again.

Reply #4
global shortcuts do not require the foobar window to have focus. try again.

That doesn't work for me, the interface must be visible and to have the focus for the shortcut to work.

Am I missing anything here ? I've tried many keys in the Preferences > General > Keyboard Shortcuts, including Fx function keys, and they don't work when the interface is minimized to the systray. That's why I'm asking about a right click menu item. I'm on XP and Foobar is in portable mode.

Reply #5
It works fine in XP and in portable mode. When you are setting your shortcut, are you ticking the GLOBAL HOTKEY option?

Reply #6
are you ticking the GLOBAL HOTKEY option?

Oops, stupid me  I knew I was missing something simple
It works fine with the global hotkey option, thanks for your help
Still, an item in the systray icon right click menu would be nice as well