Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Updating tags (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

Updating tags

Hi guys,

I have a problem that I can't seem to get past. In foobar, I'm updating the tag RATING MM with a script, to update the rating-tag used by MediaMonkey (I need the rating there for sync options with my android device).
However, when foobar updates the tag to a new value, the new value doesn't show up in MediaMonkey. It just stays the same rating it had before.

Now when I try to update the tags with a tagging program like Mp3Tag, the RATING MM updates correctly and the new value is shown in MediaMonkey.

Why is this?

Thanks in advance.

Updating tags

Reply #1
Seems like it has to do with foobar writing a plain value to the Rating MM-tag, while Mp3Tag adapts the rating to POPM. So, how do I get foobar to write to the Popularimeter tag?

EDIT: Seems like I was running an old version of foobar. Foobar supports the POPM tag since version 1.1.15 (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=97012).

Problem solved!

Updating tags

Reply #2
use RATING.