Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_spam 0.7 (Read 20481 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

I've just compiled foo_winamp_spam for 0.7 - I really like how the API is developing, made it much easier to work with after the initial transition.

foo_winamp_spam attemps to emulate the Winamp API by creating a "Winamp 1.x" window with winamp's classname. This allows programs designed to control winamp or read info like kbps/khz/channels/etc to be able to (hopefully) do the same thing in foobar2000. Such uses include my mIRC song reporting DLL, but I'm sure you can find more . I've had reports of it working with certain internet keyboards designed to control winamp, some trillian plugins and other various software.

Version 0.7 includes many more API functions, a native config page (instead of foo_winamp_spam.cfg which can now be deleted) and ANSI/Unicode in the same DLL (assuming I used utf8api.dll correctly).

More info and download is available at: http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/foobar/

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #1
Thanks a lot Rich. I've been patiently waiting for your updated version for awhile. 

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #2
works very well with your mirc dll, thank you

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #3
I have one big question. Why in hell you want to flood around the IRC that s*it what you are listen to? I have never get it and i think it's rude to flood that info in everywhere.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #4
I chat in Irc to just chat, and when I do, music is a usuall subject, for fun we show off what songs we are listening to, so we can see what kind of music they are into.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #5
I fail to understand the purpose of spammer components if you can copy name of currently played track (with whatever custom formatting you want) to clipboard by rightclicking on system tray icon (needs messing with menu setup to show up).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #6
Thanks for the update R1CH.. I love this plug-in for Litestep integration.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #7
R1CH....

Thanks for this component....Now I can use my favorite shell (LiteStep) with my favorite player (F2K).

A wonderful addition!

Wrongo

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #8
ahh nice...

good job!

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #10
@zZzZzZz:
That's exactly what I've done without it.
But it's so incredidible exhaustin to move the mouse   

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #11
Interesting, I've not seen the metadb warning myself. I do make one call to handle_duplicate but upon song change handle_release should be called...

Where does the error appear? Does the console popup or something? If you can give me exact steps to reproduce this I'll fix it, however I can't seem to get the error to occur here.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #12
Interesting, I've not seen the metadb warning myself. I do make one call to handle_duplicate but upon song change handle_release should be called...

Where does the error appear? Does the console popup or something? If you can give me exact steps to reproduce this I'll fix it, however I can't seem to get the error to occur here.

If you leak metadb_handles, there is a MessageBox() on shutdown, displaying number of objects leaked (actually that message has been there for ages, but it was OutputDebugString() instead and a lot of people don't seem to have ever noticed it that way).
I have some doubts if ReLiK's "report" can be taken seriously though.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #13
The error should pop up when exiting foobar. I'm also getting this and I believe it is foo_winamp_spam's fault, as I've updated foo_history, foo_dbsearch and foo_tts that were supposed be the only ones giving this error. I'm not sure if it's some other plugin though.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #14
I have only ever had one external plugin installed at a time.

First was AMIP. It had some stability issues but even when it was working as it should, when I quit Foobar, I got the metadb warning, in a separate small popup box.

I removed that plugin and the pop up errors stopped.

I then installed winamp_spam, which is perfectly stable, yet still gives those error reports on exiting Foobar.

This validates the theory that its the 3rd party plugins that are causing the problem.

I don't know how else to 'report' this error, maybe you can enlighten me. If you don't want to take me 'seriously' then thats up to you. I'm just a regular user who's trying to help. Obviously it's not wanted.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #15
I have only ever had one external plugin installed at a time.

First was AMIP. It had some stability issues but even when it was working as it should, when I quit Foobar, I got the metadb warning, in a separate small popup box.

I removed that plugin and the pop up errors stopped.

I then installed winamp_spam, which is perfectly stable, yet still gives those error reports on exiting Foobar.

This validates the theory that its the 3rd party plugins that are causing the problem.

I don't know how else to 'report' this error, maybe you can enlighten me. If you don't want to take me 'seriously' then thats up to you. I'm just a regular user who's trying to help. Obviously it's not wanted.

In order to be taken seriously, you should provide exact info how to reproduce the problem (what you just did), which definitely wasn't included in your previous post, hence my comment. I'm sorry if it insulted you.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #16
The problem is I can't reproduce it every time.

If I start Foobar, play a few songs and spam in IRC and quit immediately, the error doesn't seem to pop up.

However if its been a running a while then it does. I don't really know what else to say. Sorry.

Edit: Okay, the error only seems to pop-up if a song has been played right the way through. Else, it doesn't. Hope this helps.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #17
BTW, the problem with metadb leaks is fixed in AMIP 2.43.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #18
metadb handle leak is fixed in foo_winamp_spam 0.71, error occurs now I'm back from vacation and installed latest RC .

Get it from: http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/foobar/

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #19
Wonderful!

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #20
hi R1CH!
I install foo_winamp_spam 0.71 and my Semagic (Livejournal Client ) can`t detect music. Music from Winamp and STP detected fine.

That normal or abnormal? 8-)

i know, you not say about FULL EMULATION, but...  that feature will be GREAT FEATURE!

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #21
hi R1CH!
I install foo_winamp_spam 0.71 and my Semagic (Livejournal Client ) can`t detect music. Music from Winamp and STP detected fine.

That normal or abnormal? 8-)

i know, you not say about FULL EMULATION, but...  that feature will be GREAT FEATURE!

That program wants me to make an account before I can run it, not much chance of that happening. I looked over the code briefly and it should work - it appears to use 'Winamp 1.x' classname so it should detect the 'fake' emulated window fine...

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #22
It would appear to be tripping on this little block of code:
Code: [Select]
if (which == 0) 
{
    // in WinAMP playing?
    int ret = ::SendMessage(win, WM_USER, 0, 104);
    if (ret != 1)
 return song;
}

So... that message would have to return 1.

foo_winamp_spam 0.7

Reply #24
0.72 now out, supporting IPC_ISPLAYING for this Live Journal thingywhatsit.

Untested of course . Thanks kode54 for pointing out what I needed to change.