Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Please Recommend Good Batch Normalization Software That Is Non Destruc (Read 2251 times) previous topic - next topic

Please Recommend Good Batch Normalization Software That Is Non Destruc

Hi, everyone!

Please Recommend Good Batch Normalization Software That Is Non Destructive - Mp3 & M4a

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good batch normalization software that is non-destructive to files and compatible with mp3 & m4a formats. By good i mean stable, reliable, quick, easy to use and effective.

I have 2 aims:

1) To make all audio files sound at the same volume - this involves changing the replaygain from what I've read- is that correct?no
2) To stop peak clipping when played back in audio software like ableton live - I'm not sure if 1 will automatically achieve 2?

I'd prefer it to be on OSX but I do have boot camp if necessary.

Here's What I've Come Across In My Searches:

1) Platinum notes but that is destructive to lossy files & expensive

2) There seems to be a port of mp3gain - seems unreliable and doesn't do m4a

3) iVolume - Read reviews that it doesn't work - relatively expensive

4) Smartgain - Read reviews that I doesn't work

5) Mp3 Gain - Mp3 only - Mac port seems basic.

Thanks!

Please Recommend Good Batch Normalization Software That Is Non Destruc

Reply #1
1) To make all audio files sound at the same volume - this involves changing the replaygain from what I've read- is that correct?
Yes.

I'd prefer it to be on OSX but I do have boot camp if necessary.
You could also try running under WINE via an interface such as WineSkin.

2) There seems to be a port of mp3gain - seems unreliable and doesn't do m4a
[…]
5) Mp3 Gain - Mp3 only - Mac port seems basic.
http://altosdesign.com/aacgain/ ?