Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Crash in Beta 11 when using the ReplayGain scanner. (Read 1093 times) previous topic - next topic

Crash in Beta 11 when using the ReplayGain scanner.

When scanning a large set of files as an album using ReplayGain.  It's possible to crash foobar2000 each time.

All are FLACs except for one 32-bit floating point wav file.

Re: Crash in Beta 11 when using the ReplayGain scanner.

Reply #1
I don't know if Peter needs them, but I'd love to see the files that make this crash. (Floating point exception, so it's division by zero or something equally annoying.)

You can PM me with the links, if you manage to isolate it to specific files and upload them somewhere.

E: Got the test files. Can't reproduce under Wine. Can't reproduce on Windows, either. Looks like a case of SIMD code path ignoring floating point exceptions, if your processor is old enough to be missing whichever code path this is using here. (I have all the way up to AVX.)

Reply #2
Processor: https://ark.intel.com/products/97123

The stable version of foobar2000 (v1.3.17) doesn't crash at all, interestingly just the recent beta.

Reply #3
I did a debug analysis of some of the data.

This is the code executing from foo_rgscan:

Code: [Select]
  624DDC37: DD 05 08 B9 03 10  fld         qword ptr ds:[6250B908h] ; (reading: -666000000)
  624DDC3D: D8 D9              fcomp       st(1) ; (contains: 1#QNAN)
  624DDC3F: DF E0              fnstsw      ax
  624DDC41: F6 C4 05           test        ah,5
  624DDC44: 7A 08              jp          624DDC4E

624DDC4E: DD D8              fstp        st(0) ; CRASH

I don't know what to make of this. Peter will need to look at this now. I'll forward the PM to him.

Reply #5
Got the files from kode54, thanks for the report, I'm investigating it.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.