Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: Albumlist losing seleted album (Read 2705 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: Albumlist losing seleted album

I am new to foobar so if my questions is kind of stupid please excuse me. I am blown away with the amount of functionality and the number of plugins available.

I am using Foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 4 with Columns_UI.

I use a small 8" display on my HTPC as a user interface so screen space is limited.
To be able to browse the database I use Albumlist. To have information about the album playing I use playlist.

Having both the Albumlist and the Playlist in one screen requires a too small font. So I wanted to use 2 layouts  for each of the objects and switch between them using my remote.

In general this works fine but it seems the Albumlist is reset whenever I leave the layout.
So when switching back to the Albumlist layout the cursor is not at the previously selected Album anymore.

Is there any way to get this working ?
Would another plugin be more adequate for this functionality ?

ebi2002

Reply #1
Maybe you could use the new Default UI with facets, they are small and customisable enough, so you can have both of them on one screen.

Reply #2
Instead of having 2 separate layouts you could use 2 tabs instead. If you use the tabbed panel stack mod you can also hide the tab bar if it takes up too much space and assign keyboard shortcuts to each tab or the action for changing tabs.

Reply #3
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried "Tabbed panel modifyed 0.2.1" but I can't find a way to assign a keystroke to a tab.
Am I using the wrong plugin ?

ebi2002

Reply #4
The version I have is 0.2.5. Not sure whether this is the latest. You can find it here (courtesy of Keikonium). Once installed you will see some new entries in the View menu to which you can assign shortcuts. HTH 

Reply #5
Thank you for the updated plugin.
I have downloaded it and found the entries you talked about BUT ... the tab only covers 15% of the available screen space ? Both tabs sit in the upper left hand corner and can't be expanded ..

I am really sorry to bother you again. Nevertheless I am damn close to get what I intended to see ..

ebi2002

I found the problem.
You need to resize the application once so the plugin can pickup the size of the screen.

Thank you for you help. You got me exactly what I wanted to achieve.     

Thank you so much,
ebi2002

Reply #6
You can change the tab padding in the settings or use a large font size combined with spacing before and after the tab title to make them take up more room. Given that you are short on screen space I thought hiding the tabs would be the option you would prefer. But let me know if there is somewhat else you are trying to achieve.