Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols) (Read 203556 times) previous topic - next topic

Advanced Controls (foo_advancedcontrols)

Reply #75
Thanks, it works fine now.

Reply #76
Why the size is duplicate from 256kb to 528kb whit only fix?

Reply #77
Why the size is duplicate from 256kb to 528kb whit only fix?

Because the new binary includes debug symbols which will allow me to fix problems much more quickly if other bugs are reported.

This increase of size does not change the efficiency of the component.

Reply #78
The volume bar has become less precise and more difficult to manage now for me.
Win Xp Pro sp3 italian.
When you finish the fix you can remove the debug symbols?

Reply #79

Please explain what you mean - there shouldn't be a difference with previous versions.
The volume/time bar has only 32 pixels wide anyway, it's a bit hard to be precise, isn't it?

Win Xp Pro sp3 italian.
When you finish the fix you can remove the debug symbols?

Are the 256 extra bytes really that annoying? Debug symbols are just extra informations in the binary to link a section of compiled code with the human-readable code it comes from. When these symbols are combined with the program database created by the compiler (a file I have here), it's possible for me to pinpoint exactly where a crash happens when a proper report is sent to me. I would prefer keeping these debug symbols on.

Reply #80
/DEBUG enables PDB generation but also disables some linker optimizations by default, try forcing unreferenced code elimination (/OPT:REF) in linker settings.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #81
/DEBUG enables PDB generation but also disables some linker optimizations by default, try forcing unreferenced code elimination (/OPT:REF) in linker settings.

Right, thanks. The /OPT:REF setting is usually forced on in my projects but I forgot it in this one.

The new dll is (almost) back to its original size.

Reply #82
i view double:

excuse me i have renamed the old component.
In this mode first bar control song progress and second volume.
Now i not have the previous problem.

Reply #83
niver,
your component blocks going to sleep mode when foobar2000 is playing or when it's paused. Please stop doing that, people are complaining and making false accusations about the core. Or at least confess why and write a disclaimer about it.
Thanks.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #84
niver,
your component blocks going to sleep mode when foobar2000 is playing or when it's paused. Please stop doing that, people are complaining and making false accusations about the core.
Thanks.

Right... I implemented this feature for me but the code got mistakenly copied in the public component. Sorry, I'll fix this immediately.

Reply #85
How about spelling "foobar2000" correctly in your component's version string?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #86
niver,
your component blocks going to sleep mode when foobar2000 is playing or when it's paused. Please stop doing that, people are complaining and making false accusations about the core.
Thanks.

Right... I implemented this feature for me but the code got mistakenly copied in the public component. Sorry, I'll fix this immediately.

Done. v0.5.12.3 is available and will not block the sleep mode anymore

However, if someone liked this feature, I could make it an option.

Reply #87
How about spelling "foobar2000" correctly in your component's version string?

That has been fixed too in the latest version, thanks.

Reply #88

Please explain what you mean - there shouldn't be a difference with previous versions.
The volume/time bar has only 32 pixels wide anyway, it's a bit hard to be precise, isn't it?

Here the video to explain, my english is poor. The cursor not follow the mouse.
Win Xp Pro Sp3.

Reply #89
Same Problem here on Xp SP3 but with the pause/stop/forward/backward buttons.

Reply #90

Here the video to explain, my english is poor. The cursor not follow the mouse.
Win Xp Pro Sp3.

Can you confirm you have the latest version (0.5.12.3)?
0.5.12.0 had such a problem, but it's supposed to be fixed now - I can't reproduce it here.

Reply #91

Yes, confirmed the last versione: 0, 5, 12, 3
No problem with 0, 5, 11, 5

Reply #92

Yes, confirmed the last versione: 0, 5, 12, 3
No problem with 0, 5, 11, 5

Ok. I compared the code of 0.5.11.5 and 0.5.12.3 and found what could cause you this problem.

v0.5.12.4 is now available, could you please try it and confirm whether or not the problem is fixed?

Thank you.

Reply #93
Ok. I compared the code of 0.5.11.5 and 0.5.12.3 and found what could cause you this problem.
v0.5.12.4 is now available, could you please try it and confirm whether or not the problem is fixed?
Thank you.

Now it is Ok for me. Ty.

Reply #94
For me too. Thank you buddy.

Reply #95
your component blocks going to sleep mode when foobar2000 is playing or when it's paused.
Done. v0.5.12.3 is available and will not block the sleep mode anymore

So that was it (I was wondering too) ... thank for fixing and Yirkha for pointing in the right direction.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #96
Thanks for the v0.5.12.4 fix, I'm not sure how I'd cope without Foobar2000 and Advanced controls...

The page http://fb2k.org/section.php?section=8 is out of date, it lists the previous version of Advanced Controls. It's only through reading this thread that I discovered the update.

Reply #97
Thanks for the v0.5.12.4 fix, I'm not sure how I'd cope without Foobar2000 and Advanced controls...

The page http://fb2k.org/section.php?section=8 is out of date, it lists the previous version of Advanced Controls. It's only through reading this thread that I discovered the update.

Fixed, thanks.

Reply #98
Thank you very much for this component, particularly the pause on screensaver functionality.

You can see a thread I started looking for this functionality here:  http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=74079  Your foo_advancedcontrols seems to fit my needs quite well.

Again, thank you for your time and effort. 

Reply #99
plz update for win 7 !!! this component is for me must have