Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Double Click in Library View, Play without adding to a playlist? (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

Double Click in Library View, Play without adding to a playlist?

Basically I just want to double click a song in my library view as if it were a playlist? (Alternatively I guess I can just make it a separate Playlist window but is it possible to have a play list organized like the library view where its sorted by artist? Also need it to auto update when new files are added into one of its folders?

Im not sure how my fb2k setup before, I might have just been using a playlist that had all my cue files loaded into it. But I remember just double clicking to play what ever song. Didnt need to add it to a playlist.

Re: Double Click in Library View, Play without adding to a playlist?

Reply #1
Select "all music" in the album list, then select the "Library Viewer Selection" playlist.

You might have to enable the playlist in "Preferences -> Media library" to get it to appear.

It won't work like a tree though, just a big flat playlist.

Re: Double Click in Library View, Play without adding to a playlist?

Reply #2
Yes, foobar only plays things from a playlist, this is how it has always worked for mind.

Maybe try just enable the 'Library Viewer Selection' playlist as mentioned above, and set your double-click action to 'Send to current playlist', and 'Start playback...' which is on by default. (Assuming DUI, in Preferences > Media Library > Album List)

That basically does what you described I think.

Or, perhaps you had an auto-playlist of the entire library, and a library viewer set to show playlist contents? There are two library viewers that come to mind - Facets (column -based) and Library Tree (tree / column) - both have a 'Source: Playlist' option. So when you click (or double-click) something in the library viewer, it scrolls the playlist to that position (and plays).

(However a pretty big disadvantage of that, is you cannot select an album and play just that album on Shuffle - since the playlist is the entire library)