Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tool to compare 24/94 WAVs ? (Read 2381 times) previous topic - next topic

Tool to compare 24/94 WAVs ?

Hello,
Could somebody please recommend to me a tool I can use to compare 24/96 WAVs ?
Exact Audio Copy "Compare WAVs" tool is exactly what I'm looking for but it only works with 16bit/44.1 files, for example if you rip a CD to hard drive and compare the ripped file to the original file before it was burned it will show you samples are the same and let you know there are XXX many samples missing at start of the track, or tell you something like "different samples 1min5sec.345 to 1min11sec.234" etc.
I'm wanting to compare some 24bit/96 files ripped from an old DVD-Audio to the original files before they were burned, as I do not
remember which parts I audio edited (EQ, volume changed etc) 10 years ago!
Thanks for any help.

Re: Tool to compare 24/94 WAVs ?

Reply #3
foobar2000 with the Binary Comparator component.

Or DeltaWave.

Thanks again, DeltaWave is giving me the info I need.
Only problem is when I load in the "Reference" and "Compare" waves and press "Match" as it gets towards the end of the
analysis it kind of freezes up for 20-30 seconds, the program goes a kind of seethrough white colour and in the very top left corner says (not responding), I have to wait a bit and then "un freezes" and finishes the end of the analysis...
Is this normal?, maybe it's not happy working with my old Windows 7 ?

Reply #4
It's probably normal and I've seen the "Not responding" message too. Comparisons in DeltaWave take a while and I think it depends on how fast your CPU is. I doubt it has anything to do with the Windows version.
If I just need to check if two files are the same, I use foobar2000. I use DeltaWave only if I need some details about the difference.

Reply #5
It's probably normal and I've seen the "Not responding" message too. Comparisons in DeltaWave take a while and I think it depends on how fast your CPU is. I doubt it has anything to do with the Windows version.
If I just need to check if two files are the same, I use foobar2000. I use DeltaWave only if I need some details about the difference.

OK thanks again, DeltaWave has shown how many offset samples some 24/96 files are (comparing burned to DVD 11 years ago and pre-burned original files I've recently re-discovered) which is why I wasn't getting a match, it also shows they're still the same, has resolved quite a headache for me, so thanks again, I'll be keeping this tool, I'm sure it'll be useful again....
Thank-You

Reply #7
There's an ASR thread about it and the author (pkane) is active there.