Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Gap between Songs about 1-2 Secondes long (Read 1462 times) previous topic - next topic

Gap between Songs about 1-2 Secondes long

Hey! :-)

Please help. After installing some components I have a really annoying problem - when the player is about 45 seconds to the end of one song and wants to check things to load the next one I very very often have a little Gap. The song (or the sound) stops for up to 2 seconds because it keeps on playing further. I attached a couple screenshots with my dsp chain, but until now I couldn't really find out what plugin is causing that gap or maybe it's not a plugin problem?

What is it what causes that dropout? I remember that I've read somewhere that someone encountered the same thing happening...#

Many thanks in advance for your help AND for creating that fantastic player !!!!!

Re: Gap between Songs about 1-2 Secondes long

Reply #1
EBU R128 Compressor buffers up to 10 seconds of audio on first startup, and then retains a two second buffer for the rest of the play time. This much lead time is really needed to effectively use R128 as a real time gain algorithm.

Reply #2

Please help. After installing some components I have a really annoying problem - when the player is about 45 seconds to the end of one song and wants to check things to load the next one I very very often have a little Gap. The song (or the sound) stops for up to 2 seconds because it keeps on playing further. I attached a couple screenshots with my dsp chain, but until now I couldn't really find out what plugin is causing that gap or maybe it's not a plugin problem?

What is it what causes that dropout? I remember that I've read somewhere that someone encountered the same thing happening...#

Many thanks in advance for your help AND for creating that fantastic player !!!!!ress

Not only EBU R128 Compressor making delay, but also vst host with vst plugins too. There are various plugins, not with same latency.
Try place the F2K components separately from vst plugins.

P.S: I am just curious about your SQR Soft Advanced Crossfader settings and also vst settings, If you don't mind' please share your settings. Thank you.

Reply #3
EBU R128 Compressor buffers up to 10 seconds of audio on first startup, and then retains a two second buffer for the rest of the play time. This much lead time is really needed to effectively use R128 as a real time gain algorithm.

thank you for the pieces of information! Actually I don't think that it's the ebu component.. that alone is working great and these 10 sec are way less then where the gaps happen..mmhh

Reply #4

Many thanks in advance for your help AND for creating that fantastic player !!!!!ress

Not only EBU R128 Compressor making delay, but also vst host with vst plugins too. There are various plugins, not with same latency.
Try place the F2K components separately from vst plugins.

P.S: I am just curious about your SQR Soft Advanced Crossfader settings and also vst settings, If you don't mind' please share your settings. Thank you.

how do I separate them? Don't have any clue about it.

I use(d) the SQR ..Crossfader with the default setting.

Reply #5

As far as I found out you are the one who build the fantastically working EBU R128 Compressor. I love it and it saves a lot of time because the use of RG is not really needed for playing bach and so scanning and tagging the whole library is obsolete - at least for my use of foobar.

As I think that the EBU R128 Compressor is working great I want to ask if you may want to consider buildung an EBU R128 scanner from it? The results have to be in the calculations yet (not the results for the whole song, I think) so only the tagging is missing as far as my knowledge of programming can oversee it. I really think it would be useful to have that and I would be really curious about the results in comparison with the RG scan results in ebu mode.

BTW - am I the only one having that problem that if I switch the modes in RG scanner the results stay the same and do not adjust to the changed method settings?

Many thanks for your help !

Reply #6
Back to the problem with the gaps when using crossfaders..

In the meantime I've investigated a lot and finally found the download for the latest english version (0.61) of the Continuator component (https://foobar2000.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6054). That one for me works best compared to all the other crossfaders or Silcence-/Track skippers. But only when I use a specific setting  that you can find attached. If I use different settings the gap happens again...that is really strange if you ask me and I don't really understand it as other products who are built for radioDjing or broadcasting doesn't show that gap effect and crossfade very smoothly.

I've read in other threads about the possible reason for the gaps when using crossfaders:
e.g. here: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_fakegapless

or in the threads about the DYNAMIC_DSP component where the creator somewhere wrote about that his component will make that happening gap vanish when used the crossfaders within his component..

Sunny greetings from Germany