Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC automation of Gap detection and ripping? (Read 1127 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC automation of Gap detection and ripping?

Hi,

I'm currently ripping through my collection with EAC. Since I want to preserve as much information as possible, I try go get UAC+ISRC info from the the disc as well, and extract CD-Text if available.

While it is clear that this process cannot be fully automated, there are too many interactions for my taste. I am currently using the following workflow, based on ripping individual tracks to FLAC with gaps appended, and a cuesheet:

1) Insert disc and wait whether CD-Text appears. If yes, create Cuesheet with CD-Text Info
2) Get metadata info and album cover
3) Rip disc using Shift-F5 in burst mode and check with accurip whether it's fine (otherwise repeat in secure mode)

What's bugging me here is
1) the create cuesheet command (noncompliant) is hard to access (it has no shortcut)
2) the reading the gap info and ISRC and EAC info takes a lot of time (sometimes more than the rip), and I am asked only afterwards where to save to cuesheet.

What I would prefer:
- the create cuesheet command (noncompliant) should have a shortcut key
- the command should ask me for a directory and filename immediately
- there should be another command: copy tracks and create cuesheet (noncompliant) that combines the steps of cuesheet creation and ripping into one. In the large majority of cases, where there is no cd-text information, this would combine the lengthy steps accessing the drive into one step and allow me to focus on other things inbetween.

Any ideas whether this would somehow be possible?

Cheers,

Michael