Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 127921 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #425
Is there a way in title formatting to hide a field? I'd like to sort albums by date, but not display it.

Code: [Select]
%album artist%|[%date%] %album%

Ideally, the output would be
Artist
    Album 1
    Album 2

While albums are sorted by date, not alphabetically.

Reply #426
Is there a way in title formatting to hide a field? I'd like to sort albums by date, but not display it.
Sure, you can use the $nodisplay{X} syntax to do that.
%album artist%|$nodisplay{$year(%date%)}%album%

Reply #427
Sure, you can use the $nodisplay{X} syntax to do that.
Yes, thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for. Where did you find this command? I searched through the title formatting reference, but it's not there, and the syntax leads me to believe this is something exclusive to Spider Monkey Panel?

Reply #428
Yes, thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for. Where did you find this command? I searched through the title formatting reference, but it's not there, and the syntax leads me to believe this is something exclusive to Spider Monkey Panel?
Look in the settings window for Library Tree on the Views tab, click the button that says "Show Extended Syntax Help".
From what I understand if the command has curly brackets it will only work with this script.

Reply #429
Thanks.

Another question: I ported my current config to another Windows device and suddenly I'm missing the font for the "Triangles" option. What is the font that's required to render those? They appear as white rectangular frames on that system atm.

Reply #430
Another question: I ported my current config to another Windows device and suddenly I'm missing the font for the "Triangles" option. What is the font that's required to render those? They appear as white rectangular frames on that system atm.
I assume its "Segoe UI Symbol", at least that's the default in the advanced tab under scrollbar options.

Reply #431
@n0stalgia You probably need to install FontAwesome (it's one of the requirements).

@Lucidae I've added the requested feature to album art mode, i.e. scrollbar drag characters show 4 digits if leading %date%. It should be in the next version.

Reply #432
I've added the requested feature to album art mode, i.e. scrollbar drag characters show 4 digits if leading %date%. It should be in the next version.
That's wonderful, thanks!

Earlier I was trying to figure out how to configure two-panel mode as seen in your screenshot here;
https://i.imgur.com/4uIiuks.png

Reply #434
I've also ran into a weird sorting issue. When an album's name is just numeric characters [0-9]+, my sorting algorithm breaks. Case in point:

All I did between the two screenshots is rename the album "604". Here's the View configuration I'm using:
%album artist%|$nodisplay{$year(%date%)}%album% '('%date%')'|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

How would I work around that?

Reply #435
@n0stalgia It sounds like this bug. I've fixed it for the next version.  The fix is trivial and you can easily do it if you don't want to wait. Hopefully that's it.

@Lucidae
1. You need two library tree panels.
2. For 2nd panel: set ... > source > panel.
3. That should also give a pop-up with more info.
4. But the only other thing would be to stop 1st panel sending to playlist as 2nd would do that. So in options > behavior set action > single click: to select for 1st panel. 1st panel continues to use the library as source.
5. Then when click an item in 1st panel it's sent to 2nd.

HTH

Reply #436
To a two-panel mode:

Is it possible to use the display of downloaded photos from Biography for a tag other than Artist?
I know how to change who is shown, but only the Artist is looking.

The functioning of my dreams would be:
- I will mark the album in the Foobar2000 filter
- in the 1st Library tree panel I will see photos of artists (it would be possible to set Performer, Composer, Conductor, etc ...or more of them at once)
- after clicking on one of them, the albums in which they participated would appear in the 2nd Library tree panel

Is something like this possible? :)

Reply #437
Here's a thing: when I use two Lib tree panels, as suggested above, they work exactly as described: panel 1 > Panel 2, and Panel 2> Playlist. However, in the separate FB Playlist 'list', Panel 2 correctly populates a playlist of its own, I've called it 'Tree' in the Options' But Panel 1 also popuates a playlist of its own, called 'Library Tree Panel Selection'. Where does that come from, and how can I change its name? Nothing I enter in the Options panel for that one changes the name...

Reply #438
@novaca

It is possible display the downloaded photos from Biography for a tag other than artist, assuming the images exist.

Change the tag name in the album art artist patterns, e.g. to performer:
*YOUR PATH*\yttm\art_img\$cut(%performer%,1)\%performer%\*
Then try a pattern like:
%performer%|%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%
It should find the image if it exists.

As foobar2000 album art view patterns return first found, likely the artist pattern would have to be removed (or commented out) else you'll get the wrong image, so I'm not sure how practical it is.

Regarding the other thing, the ¦ splitter can be used to combine fields into the same level , e.g. something like:
%artist%¦%performer%¦%composer%¦%conductor%|%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%
This should work fine in tree view. maybe that's good enough. However, the foobar2000 album art loader requires a handle to do the look-up. Even though library tree can split items with the same handle, e.g. to give separate performer and artist entries, the handle (music file) for the two would be the same & so they would return the same image, and so only one would be correct.

It is possible to change that so it does a direct look-up of the artist image, bypassing foobar2000 album art loader altogether. So the artist image loads based on the display name rather than the handle, & so it would correctly deal with this complex scenario.

But then there's the issue of settings. Currently it uses the foobar2000 way so all patterns for album art are in one place which is much simpler. This would require path entry for artist patterns entry I guess on the album art tab as well. But then the foobar2000 way allows multiple entries and so to support multiple paths it gets quickly gets complex.

I did a quick implementation to see how it worked. It seemed rather odd that when you click on a picture of artist x, you also get covers of albums by other artists which really isn't very intuitive.

So overall I'm unconvinced its worth the effort - since you may even find it doesn't work as well as you think it will. You can try with tree view.

@handleyman

The 'Library Tree Panel Selection' playlist is used to save the contents of the 2nd panel so its available between foobar2000 restarts. AFAIK its the only way of saving handle lists, unless I missed some recent changes to SMP. Seeing as it is essentially a 'system' playlist it's not designed for user interaction and so it's name is hardcoded. So only way of changing currently is to do a Find & Replace on callbacks.js + library.js (there are 3 instances in total). I could make it definable in panel properties if you think that's useful.

Reply #439
add 1) I can already see it, I had the path to the image set correctly, but I incorrectly assigned the filter pattern, my school error :)

add 2) I was carried away by new possibilities and my imagination. But now I see that what I imagined is not a useful task for what the "library tree" does. It would be more of a function for something like "album participating persons preview / information" and there is no point in complicating what now works smoothly. It was more about exploring the library than browsing the library...
By the way, part of it is already possible thanks to your "biography" (although not so clearly and only the passive part).

Thanks for your work.

Reply #440
Just installed latest version (2.2.0). Foobar 1.6.8. On right-click in playlist it becomes red and gives a crash report:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2 ({B9F1181F-0CD1-40B4-BFA5-AEABEFF362BF}: Library Tree v2.2.0 by WilB)
GetPlaylistLockedActions failed:
Index is out of bounds

File: menu.js
Line: 156, Column: 25
Stack trace:
  flags@menu.js:156:25
  get@menu.js:57:38
  getItems/<@menu.js:62:37
  getItems@menu.js:62:9
  addItem@menu.js:26:9
  load/<@menu.js:67:52
  load@menu.js:67:18
  rbtn_up@menu.js:474:8
  on_mouse_rbtn_up@callbacks.js:198:13

Reply #441
New Version: Library Tree v2.2.0

REQUIREMENTS:
Spider Monkey Panel 1.5.0+
IE8 or later
FontAwesome

Please post discussion here

INSTALLATION

This version has to be installed as a package.

If UPDATING consider exporting panel properties to back-up settings (right click the panel while pressing the windows key + shift)
    - REQUIRED if updating from v2.1.3 or earlier & you wish to retain panel settings. Import them after installation.
    - OPTIONAL if updating a package, as settings should automatically be retained. Recommended as good practice, if you've done significant customization, in case the unexpected happens.

New install or update:
1) Add a spider monkey panel to foobar2000 if required
2) Close any instances of windows explorer using foobar2000 folders or subfolders
3) Right click the spider monkey panel while pressing the windows key + shift
4) Choose configure panel
5) On the script tab ensure package is selected
6) Open package manager if it doesn't open automatically
7) Import the package

I beg your pardon, but apparently I'm very stupid. I was unable to install the script according to the instructions.

Can I attach pictures? Thank you.

Reply #442
Highly appreciated WilB this is an incredible tool which I really enjoyed using the last few days!

I've tried a lot of settings but I cannot seem to find something that is possible with the normal component like album list or playlist view, and that is if you click + hold your mouse scroll to scroll really quickly up & down. I'm not sure if it's included but if it's could you show me how to use it.

Have a wonderful day!

Reply #443
In the new Library Tree, I cannot find the option to click the middle mouse button to Add a selected item from the tree to the current list. Did I miss something?

Are these all the settings available?

Reply #444
Hey WilB, When I right click the component it will crash.

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2 ({E1222E8B-5CC5-4D87-A137-D60EBDE0D5CA}: Library Tree v2.2.0 by WilB)
GetPlaylistLockedActions failed:
Index is out of bounds

File: menu.js
Line: 156, Column: 25
Stack trace:
  flags@menu.js:156:25
  get@menu.js:57:38
  getItems/<@menu.js:62:37
  getItems@menu.js:62:9
  addItem@menu.js:26:9
  load/<@menu.js:67:52
  load@menu.js:67:18
  rbtn_up@menu.js:474:8
  on_mouse_rbtn_up@callbacks.js:198:13

Do I have to edit something to make it stop from happening?

Reply #446
New Version: Library Tree v2.3.0

This is a maintenance update with a few new features.

Great improvements for WINE users.

Wine stabilisation: library tree should no longer give errors in Wine, but some limitations remain:

copy & paste into search box may not work. It can be fixed by installing this version of Spider Monkey Panel (v1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf) which includes marc2k3's utils.GetClipboardText/utils.SetClipboardText (thx to marc2k3)
    recycler is unlikely to work: it's used when refreshing images: windows explorer can be used to remove images from the cache instead
    options dialog may not load: menu now indicates there was a problem & console explains what can be done instead

Thank you very much Sir

Reply #447
Thanks for the new version @WilB,

great work =)

It's also nice to see you active on Github!

-TT

Reply #448
New Version: Library Tree v2.3.0

This is a maintenance update with a few new features.
Hi,WilB,Thank you for updating your work!I encountered the following crash problem:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 (JS Smooth Browser: Library Tree v2.3.0 by WilB)
m is null

File: images.js
Line: 901, Column: 27
Stack trace:
  metrics@images.js:901:27
  on_size@panel.js:700:27
  on_size@callbacks.js:330:8
  @main.js:36:2

Reply #449
@ yeyo
Same problem.

Crash:
Views > View by folder structure
Qiuck setup > "Album covers" or "Flow mode"

Windows 11, foobar2000 v1.6.11
Spider Monkey Panel 1.6.1 and 1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?