Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC Encoding (Read 1193 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC Encoding

Hi,
I'm using Foobar2000 to extract entire album FLAC to individual tracks. When I select the cue file, all columns show correctly with Artist/Album, Track no (01, 02, etc.), Title/Track Artist, and Duration. I select all, right click and select convert, quick convert, FLAC, and choose the same folder to extract to. That all works fine, and the Converter Output is correct with album/artist, 01, track title.

But upon closing that I find the individual tracks are labeled Artist - Album [1].flac, Artist - Album [2].flac. The track names are missing from the track title, although they're listed under the title column (in grey).

Maybe this is too complicated for me as I don't see anywhere to change the output structure. I don't want the Album/Artist to show on the tracks because it leads to file names being too long. I only want the Artist - Album to be on the main folder name.

How do I change the output files to be 01 - Track Title, 02 - Track Title, etc.? Thanks!

Re: FLAC Encoding

Reply #1
I actually figured out where to make the changes (%tracknumber% - %title%) but don't see how to set it as default. Those settings work if I choose "convert, last used" but then it moves me back to the previous folder instead of the one with the cue file I'm working on. What am I doing wrong? :)

Re: FLAC Encoding

Reply #2
Aha! Tick "Source track folder". Thanks again for all the help. :)