Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Maintaining folder content based on playlist (Read 939 times) previous topic - next topic

Maintaining folder content based on playlist

Everything i found in google are about keeping playlist in foobar, mirror of folder content. I want to have a specific folder be a mirror of foobar playlist.

I want to add track from library to a playlist in foobar, and see a copy of file in specific folder. And more important, when I remove track from a playlist - the file will be removed from folder. Did someone found antyhing like this? Or maybe its immpossible with foobar, and I should start looking another solution?

I'm assuming that since foobar can copy files, and can remove files, there won't be any troubles to write plugin I imagine. But can't found anything, and wanted to be sure, that it isn't just my google awkwardness and similarity of words.

I'm using a kind of a rotation playlist in my PC. I'm getting files from Music Library and adding them to the playlist, and when I found taht some track bored me enough I'm removing it from playlist. I thought the best solution for having same content on my android is to have an auto-synced folder, which could be synchronised with android in some way. If someone found another workflow to achieve my goal, feel free to suggest me.

Re: Maintaining folder content based on playlist

Reply #1
If the music on your mobile device shares the same directory structure as your desktop music directory then you could export a playlist from foobar2000 instead and sync the playlist itself (assuming the music player can handle it). That's what I do for my mobile device (not Android btw).

Re: Maintaining folder content based on playlist

Reply #2
Thank you for response. Unfortunately I keep my music collection in a Genre/Artist - (Date) Album/Filename kind of structure. For some time I listen to whole album, then i choose best tracks, and put them into a rotation playlist, and for some time I listen to music from this playlist. I want to keep original files in structure i describe above. So i assume the best way to make them safe is operate on copies.

Mobile version of foobar has implemented TuneFUSION connector - app which syncing pc folder with android folder (everything on mobile device does inside mobile foobar app) - I need something like TuneFUSION but built inside pc foobar, and binded to playlist instead of separate desktop app binded to windows folder.