Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 239700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #375
Oh, thanks lvqcl !
Then it most likely is
" Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package may also be needed if not already present on your system"
as Column UI 0.3.8.x (Optional) I have not had on the previous (1.3.9) neither and it ran.

c.

Reply #376
Thanks this is awesome.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #377
can I apply a CUI playlist filter to all playlists in a folder?

Reply #378
Simple question for an old component. How do you set font size for this? The component itself seems to give no options.

Reply #379
Hai.
Looks like having foo_plorg window activated disables any drag and drop action other than drag and dropping an item to one of foo_plorg's playlists.

eg,
In standard foobar (with foo_plorg window/element inactive) I can drag and drop a track into windows explorer windows, other media players, audio applications etc.
With foo_plorg window/element active the only functioning drag & drop target that foobar respects is the foo_plorg window/element, but nothing else.

Is there any way to get inter-program drag and drop-ability back when using foo_plorg ?

Cheers.
c.

Reply #381
Thanks for this useful plugin. Please help me see, I cannot find where to change its font...
You cannot (at the moment) .... the plugin inherits the default fonts from either CUI or DUI.
Is this still how foo_plorg is supposed to work? Because it doesn't work right on my setup. For some reason it's scaling down the font set for "list items" (I assume) to like 6 point. I had a similar problem with another panel, but that one was listed as an element in the dropdown menu on the Colors and Fonts menu in Preferences (in Display->ColumnsUI->Colours and Fonts, Fonts tab), and setting it to Custom resolved the issue. But there doesn't seem to be an element listed for Playlist Organizer, so I can't fix it the same way.

I also have a problem with the font used by Playlist Organizer. It seems to fall back to "System", even though I don't have that referenced anywhere. "Common (list items)" is Tahoma, as is "Common (labels)". The default (MS Shell Dlg) doesn't help either. The playlist view itself (and everything else) is updated, but Playlist Organizer is unaffected by this.

Note that I'm running foobar in wine on Linux.

Reply #382
Is there a way to modify the appearance of the dropdown arrows? They look horrid over dark backgrounds:

<3

Reply #383
No.
Only standard windows appearance is supported appart from colors customization.

Reply #384
I think that this component has issues sometimes when the computer is low on memory(?)
I have a large number of playlist tabs, and usually the majority are in a subfolder called "Artist playlists".
I'm finding that I get a C++ error popping up at some point on my work computer (I will screenshot it next time), and then a large slab of those playlists have been moved into a folder called "New".

It's quite annoiyng to move them back, and I have to resort to default alphanumeric sorting because it happens so often now.

So, a fix would be nice (sorry I don't have a lot more info) but in the meantime I'm wondering where the hierarchy is stored? Is there a file I can backup and restore when this happens?

Reply #385
In regards to the previous query, I'm getting corruption of my playlist sorting/subfolders every day now.
I'd really like to know what file I could restore to get them back.

Reply #386
Please provide more information: message, console log, screenshot, ....
Something must be wrong in accessing your file system

Reply #387
Please provide more information: message, console log, screenshot, ....
Something must be wrong in accessing your file system

It's OK, I've fixed the specific problem I had - the lists are stored in theme.fth.
I've been swapping out two different theme files between home & work and that was corrupting the playlist organisation. I know there's a better way, but anyway it's solved for now.

If I do see the C++ error again I will screenshot it. Thanks!

Reply #388
I am sorry to report, but under foobar2000 version 1.3.15 this awesome component seems to be broken.

Any chance that you would be able to fix it?

Many thanks,
Goran

Reply #389
I am sorry to report, but under foobar2000 version 1.3.15 this awesome component seems to be broken.

Hey @go0ran, it works for me. I wonder if you're working on a new machine? Don't forget you need that C++ redistributable package.

Reply #390
Hey @NEMO7538, here's what I sometimes see:
I forced foobar2000 to save its config (available when holding down shift when opening File menu) and first time I got the error again, second time seemed OK. So my Playlist Organiser window is still intact. Anyway, just FYI:

Reply #391
Hello everyone!

I was wondering, is there any way to use the title formatting nodes outside of the Playlist Organizer panel, such as in Panel Stack Splitter? I'd really like to show the current playlist name (%node_name%) along with number of the playlist entries (%count%) somewhere above my playlist. Is this somehow possible to achieve? Thanks for any feedback, much appreciated.

Reply #392
Is there any place you can receive donations.

This is by far the best tool in FB2000.

I've just some questions/requests. Forgive me if I missed these questions in my reading of the thread.

1. Any chance to get font formatting of folders and playlist?
Currently I use this to distinguish the folders from the playlists
Code: [Select]
$if(%is_folder%,'█ ',)%node_name%$if(%is_folder%,' ['%count%']',)

RMB and export folder and subtree to playlists. (both combined and separate playlist option)

3. RMB on selected items and send to a playlist. (Only shows non-autoplaylist ones). I currently use a legacy tools component foo_utils but it shows them greyed out.

4. I read somewhere, someone asked about CXTRL+selection of playlists. +1 for that.

Many thanks for a great plugin.

Reply #394
Hello.

I plan to reinstall system and i want to do proper backup of my foobar customization. I assume that the tree arrangement is saved in
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\configuration\foo_plorg.dll.cfg
Am i wrong? And there is a little problem, last modified date is 2017-09-06. How can i trig saving process of configuration of plorg?

Reply #395
if you backup your full configuration there should be no specific problem with foo_plorg

Reply #397
if you backup your full configuration there should be no specific problem with foo_plorg

I'm pretty sure date of modification is a key. I already had some problems with crashing player etc. in the past. I'm using autobackup plugin to restore my playlist and componenets. After restoring, tree looked like most playlists are in their proper places, proper folders, and all, but part of them, newer ones, are all at the bottom of list, outside of any folder. I have a big number of playlist, and, on the other hand, my reinstall isn't too urgent, so i want to be prepared properly. Since you write that it should be ok, I'll make some tests, but at the moment I'm sceptical. ;)