Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Frodo has failed (Read 3653 times) previous topic - next topic

Frodo has failed

"Frodo has Failed"

I found a Pic on a Forum that will fit the actual topic of many people

This Pic will fit the meaning   
---TarX---

Frodo has failed

Reply #1
i know i've seen this before. it was in a fark photoshop contest wasn't it?

Frodo has failed

Reply #2
hmm don't know

i found it on a Business Forum there they discussed a lot about the Iraq conflict

hmm i would add a pool to know how pplz think about tha pic

funny or angry ?
---TarX---

Frodo has failed

Reply #4
no doubt, the picture is funny.

but it could have been done with every right wing politician that somebody dislikes and you can interprete it how you like... (I don't like interpreting )
I love the moderators.

Frodo has failed

Reply #5
shouldn't he be invisible?
r3mix zealot.

Frodo has failed

Reply #6

Good point, but I don't think that applies when it is worn by its true master 

Frodo has failed

Reply #7

Good point, but I don't think that applies when it is worn by its true master 

More like when not worn by one of the "wise". In fact, the only recorded instances where the ring made its wearer invisible was in the cases of hobbits and hobbit-like creatures (Gollum).

Now, the question is: should Dubya be invisible? 

Frodo has failed

Reply #8
In fact, the only recorded instances where the ring made its wearer invisible was in the cases of hobbits and hobbit-like creatures (Gollum).

...Isildur? 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Frodo has failed

Reply #9
In fact, the only recorded instances where the ring made its wearer invisible was in the cases of hobbits and hobbit-like creatures (Gollum).

...Isildur? 

It /did/ make Isildur invis? I wasn't entirely certain there, and was leaning more towards the no side when I posted. Been a while since I read the trilogy, need to do it again, but a relative destroyed my book. Grr...

Anyhow, thanks for the correction! 

Frodo has failed

Reply #10
If I remember correctly it made him invis, and when he tried to flee from some orcs by swimming in Anduin the ring betrayed and revealed him by slipping off his finger.. not 100% sure though 

Let's all go ahead and re-read the book. 

Frodo has failed

Reply #11
If I remember correctly it made him invis, and when he tried to flee from some orcs by swimming in Anduin the ring betrayed and revealed him by slipping off his finger.. not 100% sure though 

Let's all go ahead and re-read the book. 

Although you should, by all means, re-read it, you got it right: the ring made Isildur invisible and then betrayed him slippiing out of his finger while swiming/fleeing from orcs.  The ring sank and remained buried for 2k years for Deagol (smeagol´s friend) to find...
the rest is history as seen on the light from the end of the tunnel...or something like that. 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Frodo has failed

Reply #12
you should, by all means, re-read it

d00d, not again! that would be the 8th time (if I didn't lose count) 

Frodo has failed

Reply #13
The one ring makes its bearer invisible (exept for a very thin shadow in full daylight, see The Hobbit). If the bearer uses it often, he becomes permanently invisible (->See A shadow of the past). Hobbits show exeptional resistance to the power of the ring (Gollum kept it 600 years and did not become permanently invisible yet, Bilbo even got willingly rid of the ring, with the help of Gandalf).
The nine ringwraiths have become permanently invisible : "Why could we all see their horses ? -Because they are real horses; just as the black robes are real robes that they wear to give shape to their nothingness" (->Many meetings). The seven dwarves did not become invisible : their rings were taken back (because the dwarves can't stand to have their will being dominated by another) or destroyed by dragons, and the elven rings, made by Celebrimbor, have not the power to turn someone invisible.

Sauron is a Maiar, his true being is invisible, but he has the power of taking human appearance, though he lost the power of taking a handsome appearance when Númenor fell and the immortal realms were taken away from the circles of the world because Ar-Pharazôn the king of Númenor, seduced by Sauron, assailed them.