Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help! iTunesEncode Failing (Read 3014 times) previous topic - next topic

Help! iTunesEncode Failing

Everything was working great on my system as recently as yesterday using EAC, MAREO and iTunesEncode-46.

Today though, I decided to follow the EAC guide for a more correct configuration (http://home-12.tiscali-business.nl/~tpm54044/index.htm) as well as install AccurateRip.  Now everything's gone haywire!

I believe the problem is with iTunesEncode because iTunes can still add .wavs and rip cds with no error.

Below is the command that I'm executing (I'm manually running it to try to isolate the issue) and the output.  The track is never added to the library in iTunes.  Also, after iTunesEncode errors out, when I exit iTunes it warns me that "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface."

Anyone have a suggestion?

E:\EAC>itunesencode.exe -e "AAC Encoder" -i "K:\Lossy\Linkin Park\Meteora\01 - Foreword.wav" -o "K:\lossy\Linkin Park\Meteora\01 - Foreword.m4a" -a "Linkin Park" -l "Meteora" -t "Foreword" -n "1" -y 2003 -g "Rock" -d

Code: [Select]
Artist: Linkin Park
Album: Meteora
Title: Foreword
Genre: Rock
Year: 2003
TrackNumber: 1
Input File: K:\Lossy\Linkin Park\Meteora\01 - Foreword.wav
Output File: K:\lossy\Linkin Park\Meteora\01 - Foreword.m4a
Encoder: AAC Encoder
Delete From iTunes: True
Starting iTunes Encoder... Please Wait...
Encode Progress at 100%
Encoder Finished, Adding Tags (if any)
Error getting tracks, user cancelled convert?

NOTE:  I also tried putting all the files in the same directory and running the simplified version of the command detailed below.  Same result.

itunesencode.exe -i "Foreword.wav"

Reply #1
Ahh, I had a typo in my wav name!

Ok, so iTunesEncode is working.  And MAREO is working when I call it from the command line.

So the problem is EAC calling MAREO.

EAC can execute iTunesEncode properly as my external compressor but when EAC tries to execute MAREO, I get a windows Program Error: mareo.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows.

Ugh!

Reply #2
Also, after iTunesEncode errors out, when I exit iTunes it warns me that "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface."
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263891"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just wanted to add that this is normal. When it gets an error, it doesn't close the COM connection. It's a minor oversight on my part. I keep meaning to fix it, but I'm lazy.

Reply #3
Son of a...

In case someone else shoulc come upon this error.  When I switched to the essential config in EAC, they had an option checked off that's not on by default and I didn't know existed.  "Do not open external compressor window"

Unchecking that made MAREO work again.