Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: Sort playlist always by date (Read 6506 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: Sort playlist always by date

I want to have my playlist on the right sorted by date by default. So when I click on an artist on the left, the most recent album should be always on top.

How can I do this?

Reply #1
that question is answered couple of times
use search and find the way through shell integration preferences

Reply #2
I use sorting option in 'Shell Integration' -> 'Sort incoming files' by to have the effect everywhere. You can try this string:
[$swapprefix(%album artist%)|][$sub(9999,$year(%date%))|][$swapprefix(%album%)|][%discnumber%|][%tracknumber%|]%path_sort%

Reply #3
I searched the forum already but none of the suggestions helped and Case's suggestion did not help either for some reason.

Reply #4
go to "preferences > media library > album list panel: advanced tab" and tick on "apply core sort..."

when using filters they have their own setting in their preferences page

Reply #5
Thanks! That worked.