Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme (Read 95313 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme

Reply #225
Hello, I'm completely new to using themes for fb2k, and I really can't wrap my head around how to install Georgia. I am following the instructions on the github page, but I'm stuck at step 8 as I don't know how to "add JScript Panel to a new theme." I know basically nothing about how to configure fb2k, I've just used the default theme for years.
Thanks!

Reply #226
Hello, I've done some fiddling to make georgia look nice on my pc but when I ported my foobar installation to another computer the transport buttons broke, see attached image.

I figured it could have something to do with filepaths but I wasn't able to find where the actual transport icons are stored. Instead, in the code in gerogia-main.js the button icons are retrieved from a struct g_guifx which in turn is defined on line 362 in Common.js:
Code: [Select]
var g_guifx = {
    name:          'Guifx v2 Transports',
    play:          1,
    pause:         2,
    stop:          3,
    record:        4,
    rewind:        5,
    fast_forward:  6,
    previous:      7,
    next:          8,
    replay:        9,
    refresh:       0,
(...)
So this explains why the buttons look as they do. I'm assuming that somewhere else in the code the contents of g_guifx are modified with the actual button icons but I wasn't able to find it. Any help with fixing this would be much appreciated.

And yes, I'm aware that I can probably fix this by updating and reinstalling but, as mentioned, I've done some tweaks to the code and am loathe to have to redo them.

Reply #227
The transport icons are obtained from the Guifx font.  You need to have this font (Guifx v2 Transports.ttf) installed on your new computer.  It can be found in the Fonts folder under the Georgia folder.  You may need to install the other fonts in this folder as well.  Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Reply #228
I installed Georgia but I cannot make flags and record label appear, in the verification window it appears as correct

any help?

Reply #229
Hi.  Be sure you have "Show artist country flags" turned on in the options menu.  You also need to add an ARTISTCOUNTRY field for the flags and a PUBLISHER field for the record label to the Properties menu for your albums or tracks if they don't already exist..  LABEL should also work for the record label.  And these fields need to be populated with valid values recognized by Georgia.  You will find these in the flags and recordlabel folders under the images folder in Foobar's profile folder.  Hopefully, this will solve your issues.

Reply #230
Hi.  Be sure you have "Show artist country flags" turned on in the options menu.  You also need to add an ARTISTCOUNTRY field for the flags and a PUBLISHER field for the record label to the Properties menu for your albums or tracks if they don't already exist..  LABEL should also work for the record label.  And these fields need to be populated with valid values recognized by Georgia.  You will find these in the flags and recordlabel folders under the images folder in Foobar's profile folder.  Hopefully, this will solve your issues.
Thank you, I will review your observations, I have activated the option to show flags, I don't know very well how to see the tag information of the songs.

Reply #231
To access album or track properties, right click on the item in a library viewer, such as Album List, and select Properties at the bottom of the drop down menu.  You will see all the fields currently available for that item under  the first tab, Metadata.  If not already present, you will need to add new fields for ARTISTCOUNTRY and PUBLISHER.  There is a "+ add new" button at the bottom you can try, but I've never used it.  I added my fields by selecting Advanced at the bottom of the Preferences menu and adding them under Display/Properties dialog/Standard fields:  ARTISTCOUNTRY=ARTISTCOUNTRY;PUBLISHER=PUBLISHER;.  I've attached examples below.

X

X

Reply #232
Hey guys, just wanted to give everybody a quick update. I had surgery on New Year's Eve, and things have definitely improved, although I'm still on a lot of painkillers and the recovery isn't complete yet.

I've got a tiny bit of testing to do but expect a beta of the new release coming shortly.

Reply #233
Just published the first spider_monkey beta. If you're able/willing, please give it a look. Once 2.0.0 goes official there will be no more jscript versions released.

Reply #235
Perhaps it should come with 2 colour schemes... red or blue.  ;D
It actually comes with several, they're just all disabled other than the current default blue one. I have plans to make that configurable as well  :D

Reply #236
Hi.  So far so good.  I've been using your SM version since it came out in September and the only issue I had was with the track info not updating for streams.  Thank you for fixing that.  It works great now.  I have seen something odd, though.  The View menu doesn't display all the available options and it's not consistent.  Sometimes it only displays about a third of them, sometimes about 2 thirds and sometimes all but the last 2 or 3.  I got around it by adding a button for the Popup Main Menu which works fine, but it is kind of puzzling.  I'm not sure when it started happening.  It could have even happened under Jscript and I just didn't notice it until I recently added a component whose options are next to the last item.  Thank you again for all your hard work.

Reply #237
re; menu problem, it might be the 200 defined on this line of code is not enough for all commands.

https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia/blob/f25e4432017775f1c11b25d7624ddfe801d60ba9/js/helpers.js#L416

I always used 1000 in my samples because I remember a component named foo_softplaylists that generated silly amounts of items "back in the day".

Reply #238
Thank you snotlicker, that was it.  I bumped it up to 500 and it works fine now.

Reply #239
re; menu problem, it might be the 200 defined on this line of code is not enough for all commands.

https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia/blob/f25e4432017775f1c11b25d7624ddfe801d60ba9/js/helpers.js#L416

I always used 1000 in my samples because I remember a component named foo_softplaylists that generated silly amounts of items "back in the day".
Damn you're good. Fix will be in the next release. Looks like we might be able to get through beta quickly though. Very few issues so far.

Reply #240
I started using Georgia a couple weeks ago, and have really been liking it.  However, is it possible to make it display the full date in the playlist instead of just the year?

Reply #241
I started using Georgia a couple weeks ago, and have really been liking it.  However, is it possible to make it display the full date in the playlist instead of just the year?
There'll be a new option added in the playlist settings in the next beta.

Reply #242
I'm not sure if it's just me but when I add a song to the playback queue, the playlist view doesn't show a [1] or [number] indicating which position the song is in queue. It does add the song to queue though. It was working before the update to spidermonkey panel.

Reply #243
I'm not sure if it's just me but when I add a song to the playback queue, the playlist view doesn't show a [1] or [number] indicating which position the song is in queue. It does add the song to queue though. It was working before the update to spidermonkey panel.

This was a bug in foobar 1.6.3 Final, in the latest beta 1.6.4 it's fixed:
- Fixed playback queue display glitch regression from 1.6.3 final.

Reply #244

Thanks for the info! However, I just updated to 1.6.4 beta and it still does not show queue position. I can confirm the queue is working, just no visual indicator of what song is in queue and what position.

Reply #245

Thanks for the info! However, I just updated to 1.6.4 beta and it still does not show queue position. I can confirm the queue is working, just no visual indicator of what song is in queue and what position.

It's working in the latest, not published version.
Download the master from github:
https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia/archive/master.zip

Reply #246

It's working in the latest, not published version.
Download the master from github:
https://github.com/kbuffington/Georgia/archive/master.zip

Thank you very much.

Reply #247
Hi.  I've been checking out your changes as they have become available and haven't come across any issues so far.  The queue position indicator and UI Hacks changes seem to be working fine using your original code.  I did take a slightly different approach with UI Hacks when retrofitting my changes.  I positioned the caption buttons to the right of the other buttons and added a separate button for switching to full screen instead of using the ctrl key with the maximize button.  I included an image below just in case you might be interested.  I tried it with the buttons at the top right as you had them, but it just didn't look right to me.  Of course I don't have to try to please everyone, just myself. 

I was wondering if you knew why I have to double click the minimize button. I'd seen this before with my code and also found this to be true with yours.  No problem, just curious.  I also wanted to ask you about the various code doing different things with shadowing and tinting for the dark mode.  I ask because I replaced both the dark and light themes with several different color themes selectable by a popup menu and wasn't sure how to handle this code.  Everything seems to look fine as far as I can tell.

I hope you don't mind my mentioning this, but with all the time and effort you put into this theme, I just wanted to encourage anyone who appreciates it as much as I do to make a paypal donation using the button on your github page.  Thank you again for all the hard work you have put into this theme.

X

Reply #248
how do i use foo_ui_hacks?

nvm i think i got it. Preferences>Display>Main Window. just set it to No Border. looks nice

Reply #249
MordredKLB, dude, you are killing it.

The v2.0 changes are great. The way function buttons display around the min/max/close buttons with foo_ui_hacks in beta3 is fine IMO and looks exactly the way I would expect it to.

I am having one issue but I am not sure if it is Georgia or foo_ui_hacks that is the problem. In "Preferences > Display > Main Window", I have Minimize on close set to "Enable" but every time i click the x in the upper right corner, foobar2000 exits. If someone else could reproduce the behavior, I will open an issue on GitHub. (Frame Style is set to "No Border")

-Edit
Also, I am having an issue seeing the playback queue. Maybe I am confused but where am I supposed to see the songs in the queue? It is not in the playlist window. Could someone who has it working correctly post a screenshot of what it is supposed to look like. I am on [foobar2000 v1.6.4 beta3] + [Georgia v2.0.0 beta3]